SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My letter carrier FAILS to pick up mail
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My letter carrier FAILS to pick up mail Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Yes, this MORON is now not taking my mail out the box.
I videoed myself placing the letter in the box and raising the flag.
Only to find the letter WITH DELIVERED MAIL.
I beginning to think they hire only the dregs here.
I can't get ahold of my postmaster as she usually snatches a knot in the stupid ones.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moron may be doing you a favor. It is generally best to mail stuff at the local post office if it is not too distant.

Not long ago, a guy organized a crew of homeless people to swipe mail from subdivision mailboxes. I got hit. Needless to say my lawn guy did not get his check and some miscreant endorsed the check in a bank one thousand miles away. I eventually got the 65 bucks back from the bank after filing affidavits and waiting three months. The bank could give me no sound explanation for cashing the check and the amount was not enough to get anyone interested.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
My closest post office is 10 miles away.
Now I HAVE to go there in the morning.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Online bill pay through my bank saves me a lot of postage each year and no addressing envelopes.
I write about 4-5 checks per year now, mostly to government payees that I can't just send a bill paycheck to.
If a check goes missing it's their problem.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the USPS is on its final breath.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for ten years I've gotten my mail between 1:30 and 2:30.

now it gets here , when it gets here.

eleven a.m. ,2:00, 7;30 p.m. Roll Eyes

I ain't gonna bitch though , half of our tiny town drives to the P.O. to get their mail

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I ain't gonna bitch though , half of our tiny town drives to the P.O. to get their mail

That's my bitch.

It's like 8 pm and they're still delivering? Are they stretching it for the OT pay????

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
I think the USPS is on its final breath.

One can only hope.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
My Postmaster called me today and left a message.
She's having a talk with the two carriers.
It's gotta be the new guy I've never heard of.
In fact I saw him on my way home earlier this week, looking very lost.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
USPS is so inept.
Our guy was awesome. Here between 3:00 and 3:15 like clockwork.
He retired in February, he had put in his paperwork June before that. They still have not chosen a replacement and we get mail from 3:00 to 7:00 who knows when it will arrive with a mix of 5 or so drivers.

We put our mail on hold for 2 weeks while we went to Florida I told them to hold it at the office till Monday. We got back Saturday the box is hanging wide open full as full can be.
After 5 minutes of trying to get the stuff out as it was smashed in and caught on the inside lip.
The note on the top says hold mail till Monday at office highlighted in big bold letter!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
The USPS is suffering from extreme personnel shortages here in Central Virginia...the holiday season isn't helping matters...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

That's my bitch.

It's like 8 pm and they're still delivering? Are they stretching it for the OT pay????

They might be doing two routes, or some mish mash of random parts of routes. I've not been out that late in quite awhile, but when it gets dark at 1630 it takes comparatively longer to do whatever I have left in the dark. Which makes some of the people at the end of my route think I'm terrible. I'd much rather do my route in the dark than a part of some other route I may, or may not know very well (or if it's a shittier part of town, which is really saying something). So I will do my extra in the middle of the day. Thus i may not get some to the end of my route until o'dark whatever. People also think it's "late" as soon as it get's dark, which is usually the time of year you have the most stuff, yet in July when the sun is still out, no one ever says anything.
The routes are set up to be "8 hours" on the absolute easiest day of the year, in perfect weather. I don't have to stretch anything out to get a metric fuck ton of OT.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
The USPS is suffering from extreme personnel shortages here in Central Virginia...the holiday season isn't helping matters...

They just need to combine the splits.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
USPS is so inept.
Our guy was awesome. Here between 3:00 and 3:15 like clockwork.
He retired in February, he had put in his paperwork June before that. They still have not chosen a replacement and we get mail from 3:00 to 7:00 who knows when it will arrive with a mix of 5 or so drivers.

We put our mail on hold for 2 weeks while we went to Florida I told them to hold it at the office till Monday. We got back Saturday the box is hanging wide open full as full can be.
After 5 minutes of trying to get the stuff out as it was smashed in and caught on the inside lip.
The note on the top says hold mail till Monday at office highlighted in big bold letter!

I put a cable tie on our curbside box in addition to using a “hold mail” request. Only way to make it work.Smile

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Online, almost exclusively. On bill by phone, on CC, to maximize my "points."

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
We've had a few different mail carriers since we've lived here but they've all been very reliable. Even so, I pretty much never leave outgoing mail in the box since there's a U. S. Post Office blue mailbox I can drop stuff in on my way to work. We don't live in a bad neighborhood but we have our share of thefts from derelicts passing through. I'd rather not leave anything in the mailbox with the flag up to advertise it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I put a cable tie on our curbside box in addition to using a “hold mail” request. Only way to make it work.Smile
I like the way you think. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:

In a previous thread, I mentioned I would take a paycut to just work an 8hr day. Those days are few and far between.

Postal routes are inspected and created during the lowest volume months of the year, usually in the spring time. They are done by the regular carrier, who knows the route.

Parcel volumes are about 4 times what they normally are, not only due to the season, but due to online shopping in general. First class mail is up significantly due to the season. Carriers aren't allotted extra time for any parcels, regardless of volume.

I've mentioned that USPS needs to put the "service", back in United States Postal Service. It is becoming rare for any customer to have the same carrier day in, day out. There are even "auxiliary routes" where the customers will never have the same carrier every day, and that is done intentionally to allow for "pivots" on a daily a basis. A pivot is when management uses arbitrary numbers to suggest a carrier doesn't have enough work for the day, so we are allotted extra time on another route, to make for a full 8 hour day. A 30min pivot usually takes me an hour, due to travel time to the other route, as well as the pivot is not ready when I leave the office to go to my normal route. I will not do a pivot at the end of the day, since I will be working in the dark, or fighting rush hour traffic.

Back to my point, you have a new employee, who doesn't really know what they are doing in the first place, doing a route they don't know, possibly in the dark, with 200% of the "normal" mail volume. There is no way they will do this in 8 hours. I'd say 50% of new hires quit within the first month, but it's probably higher.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Earlier this year, our former bank in San Antonio sent a $10,000 cashier's check via Certified Mail to our new address in Alpharetta Georgia.

Tracking showed it all the way to the Alpharetta Post Office nearest us, on Web Bridge. Next day updated to on truck and out for delivery.

We filed with the Post Master as well as a few trips to the Post Office.

We never received it. We had to wait 90 days for the bank to reissue it.

After 8 months, the Post Master closed the case.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm lucky. I know the UPS, FedEx and mailman personally, and by name. The UPS and Fed EX drivers will come to deliver guns and ammunition and if I'm not home they will voluntarily come back a second time later to get the packages to me. I couldn't ask for better customer service.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post