SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Proper terminology
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proper terminology Login/Join 
Picture of TAP
posted
I don't care about thoughts to the left or right about this twitter post. All I care about is someone again referring to a magazine as a CLIP!!

http://bleacherreport.com/arti...m_campaign=editorial

Ps. Nice Springfield 1911

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Nice timing. I was just reading the lead story on Fox News re: the Waffle House shooter when I tripped over this little gem:

"When his AR-15 rifle either jammed or the clip was empty, the customer disarmed him in a scuffle."

And that's from a Fox staff writer, dammit. If Fox can't bother to edit its gun stories there's no hope for the rest of the main stream media.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That's a funny picture.

As far as clip/magazine. It used to really annoy me and still does a tiny bit but I have better things to worry about. If someone calls it a clip in front of me I will explain the difference. As far as the media I just gave up caring. Not worth it.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Watching the local Middle Tennessee last night, they said he was armed with an AR-15 and 2 extra clip rounds. What the hell is that? I immediately launched into a mini rant which my wife has become accustomed to these days. I feel sorry for her but geez, this stuff just pisses me off.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigh.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but then you hear the same thing from vendors and buyers at gun shows a lot too.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post