SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    % off coupons....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

% off coupons.... Login/Join 
posted
That exclude most everything in the store. I frequently get coupons from 20-50% off with the following disclaimer in tiny print...

*Excludes: Firearms, ammunition, licenses, select Asics, Nike, Perception, & TaylorMade product. ENO hammocks, GoPro, Lego, Merrell footwear, Nerf, Oakley, Ray-Ban, Spyder, TenPoint, Terrain Blinds, Under Armour, Yeti, Columbia, Garmin, tennis balls, Nike practice golf balls (single & bulk), Titleist balls, bats over $149.98, KL Pro 120 boat /trailer, augers, shanties, bulk deer corn, GPS/fish finders, motors, marine batteries, motorized vehicles, gift cards. Not valid for online purchases. Cannot be used with another offer, coupon, current sale or clearance item. Only one coupon per item. One coupon per customer. Not valid on previous purchases. Void if copied. Not for resale.

I mean what’s the point in sending out the coupons if all you can buy with them is a pack of gum?

Posts: 102 | Registered: June 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Yup, basically excludes anything you'd consider buying....Gee Thanks! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Dicks!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight. Was almost out the door to get a floor jack using their coupon I got in the mail when I happened to read the fine print and floor jacks was on the long list of exclusions. Guess I'll be taking my dough elsewhere!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ace Hardware. Coupons aren't worth shit as everything is an exception.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Harbor Freight. Was almost out the door to get a floor jack using their coupon I got in the mail when I happened to read the fine print and floor jacks was on the long list of exclusions. Guess I'll be taking my dough elsewhere!

You may want to reconsider. The Daytona jack is supposed to compare very favorably to the Snap-on it was supposedly copied from. Good deal even @ $180. youtube HF floorjack review
Though, I get your frustration. I would buy one of the 55" storage roll aways, but they are also on the exclusions list.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Those coupons are a hit and miss. Sometimes, even if if it stated some exclusions, the coupon would actually work. Last November, I purchased an Apple watch from Dick’s Sporting Goods. It was for 20% off entire purchase. I was told that the coupon excludes Apple products. I asked the clerk to try and scan the coupon anyway. To her surprise, the register took the coupon. But OP is correct. Some companies will send us coupons that can’t be used for mosy of the stuff we want.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And just as irritating, online coupons that exclude what you are buying. Many do not tell you until checkout. Last night I am in bed & check my email. Wow, a 15% off code until midnight at Pet Flow. Since I need dog food in the next few days I will save about $9. I spend 10 minutes on the web site with my phone & get to checkout, apply code, "DOES NOT APPLY TO PET FOOD" pops up. WTF, pissed me off! Then this am I get the email, "did you forget something"? No asshole, I did not forget!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a up to 50% off notice today in my Email from Field & Stream. Surf to Mens Clothing and see that they have Carhartt Cargo pants on sale so click on that. HUGE discount, as in one single size and length listed, size 40 with a 34 inch inseam. BTW, don't know what the actual discount was because you had to load it in the cart to see that and I am far from a size 40.

I'll also note that Field & Stream is owned by Dick's so all those coupon disclaimers apply at any coupon the Field & Stream offers so when I get one of their "Coupon inside" emails I delete it straight off.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
While we're at it, I find mail-in rebates just as useless. There's ALWAYS some silly-assed requirement that makes it more of a pain in the ass than it's worth or completely impossible.

Plus, I can recall at least a couple that as far as I know, met all the requirements and mailed in and never saw diddly.

I'm also a "Friends and Family Rewards" (or whatever) member at Tractor Supply. Give them my phone # every time I go there which is about weekly for one thing or another. My "reward" after spending $100+ a month (on feed) for a year?

A free Coke.

I don't even bother any more.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:

You may want to reconsider. The Daytona jack is supposed to compare very favorably to the Snap-on it was supposedly copied from. Good deal even @ $180. youtube HF floorjack review
Though, I get your frustration. I would buy one of the 55" storage roll aways, but they are also on the exclusions list.

They can ve reasoned with, i used a 20% off on my air compressor, welder, and tool chest. Build a relationship with the manager they can approve almost anything

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Someday I may start a thread called "Marketing Tricks We Hate". It could become longer than the cat thread.

I'm keeping a list, titled "Cut the Crap".

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I had one for Home Depot. Said not good on Weber grills. I bought a Weber grill. They took the percentage off, no problem. Shrug?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
And then there's LLBean.

Just ordered $600 worth of bath linens (don't ask... Frown ) and between the 25% extra off on sale colors and the $10 gift card credit from my last purchase, "saved" $115. All automatic at checkout, no muss, no fuss.

Plus, Mrs. PH is happy, so I got that going for me...

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it is usually in the contract that the Vendor makes the business sign that in order to carry their products, the business will not discount their product. That is usually where the list comes from for the "exclussions". The vendors will pull their product from the business if they get caught. That is why some companies will still give you the discount if you ask them about it. Also, the business can sometimes put the discount in the system different in order to give the customer a discount so it won't send any red flags to the vendors if they get audited. At my work, we will ring the discount as a "paper gift" (I.e. Gift card) if it is ok'd by the manager.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Menards sucks

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
As a retailer we are contractually obligated to exclude certain brands from our sales and coupons. We had to agree before we got these lines.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have a small equipment rental business. Do-it-yourself carpet cleaners, small-time competitor to Rug Doctor.

The Big Guys rent for $29.99 / 24 hours in our area. I'm priced at $22.99 / 24 hours.

Every once in a while, The Big Guys have a five dollar off coupon and sure enough, people want to know if we accept competitor's coupons.

I got tired of saying "no," so the answer now is, "sure. The Big Guys rent for $29.99. Five bucks off, makes it $24.99. We can do that."

Customer: "But, your regular price is $22.99."

V-Tail: "Yup, but that's without the coupon."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Big Grin

posted Hide Post
JoAnnes sewing is the worst.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post