SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Problem With This Country: You Can't Find A Decent Bagel Outside Of New York
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Problem With This Country: You Can't Find A Decent Bagel Outside Of New York Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Upgrade to a biscuit.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Upgrade to a biscuit.
Not an upgrade, not a downgrade. Different bread forms, different purposes. I like them both.

There is room in my safe for both revolvers and semi-auto handguns. Neither type is upgrade nor downgrade. Different purposes. I like them both.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
It's called Brooklyn Dough With A Hole. 935 3rd Ave N, Naples, FL 34102. About 45 min from the area's major airport.
When you say 45 minutes, you're referring to Fort Myers airport?

I took a look at Google maps and it looks as if that address is very close to the Naples Municipal airport. Or, am I not looking at the correct address on the map?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Maybe ChicagoSigMan thinks that you’re going by commercial airline, rather than S35 Bonanza. Smile

In any case I suggest that you call the bagel shop before you go. (To learn of their methods. E.g., boiled in lye water?)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
No bagel for you right now V-Tail, it's hametz. Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Sure you can. Right across the river in NJ. Secaucus has a great shop. Two actually. Bagel Buffet
http://bagelbuffet.com/secaucus.html

and...Bagels Plus & Deli in Harmon Plaza. When I worked the night tour, stopped by around 5:30am when they were fresh out of the cooking process. Nice and hot....

One thing I miss about back home.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
No bagel for you right now V-Tail, it's hametz. Wink
What do you get when you cross a bagel with a matzoh?

What a great idea! We could make a fortune selling unleavened bagels!

I guess I need a GoFundMe, or a venture capital thing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
if you're willing to spend, they're willing to send

https://www.goldbely.com/bagels

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vandrv:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
A long-time NYC bagel maker retired to my neck of the woods. He apparently got bored with his retirement and opened a bagel shop. Rumour has it that he even imports NYC water to make the bagels.

As far as I can tell, they are real-deal NYC bagels. Just about the best I've had.
Small batch hand-made bagels?

Where y'at? What part of Florida? How long will it take me to drive from the Orlando area? How close is your friend's shop to the nearest airport?

There is an operation in south Florida called Brooklyn Water Bagels that claims to emulate the water used in New York Bagels. They make a pretty good bagel. Actually, I just looked and they have a location in Winter Park.So you might not need a plane ticket.

http://www.brooklynwaterbagel.com/the-water/

Lake Mary Location would be closer to VTail, the Winter Park is out University, across town.

There are no landing locations by either, he'll have to commute by land...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post