SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nugent urges Infowars listeners to Murder
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nugent urges Infowars listeners to Murder Login/Join 
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
. . . atleast he helps defend freedom.
Roll Eyes
Such an odd way to describe this type of person:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/214...agazine-july-15-1990

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-artful-dodger/

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/b...-draft-dodger-467132

quote:
We really cant pick our allies at this point.
Maybe you can't, but I sure can, and I'm not choosing Nugent.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I like to judge people only based on what they did as a teenager 50+ years ago.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I like to judge people only based on what they did as a teenager 50+ years ago.
[sarcasm]Yeah, pretend that's the only problem any of his critics have with him, and pretend that his continued mendacity on that subject isn't also a problem. That will mean he's a much better "ally."[/sarcasm]

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
If his critics have an issue with more than what he did in 1967 then maybe his critics should mention those issues instead of just posting multiple links to the same event. I’m sure you can understand how it might seem to some that his critics are kinda focused on a single 51 year old issue if they don’t.

I’ve never been a huge Nugent fan but he is not my enemy.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
If his critics have an issue with more than what he did in 1967 then maybe his critics should mention those issues instead of just posting multiple links to the same event. I’m sure you can understand how it might seem to some that his critics are kinda focused on a single 51 year old issue if they don’t.

I’ve never been a huge Nugent fan but he is not my enemy.
Are you really this obtuse?

That's rhetorical, since you obviously are, I'll break it down a little.

The OP posted about a recent stupid statement by Nugent, that does represent gun owners in general, or NRA members in particular, well.

In response someone said he, "helps defend freedom," and I pointed out I don't consider draft dodgers to be people who should be described as someone who "helps defend freedom."

I posted multiple links, because if I had just posted the Snopes article, people would whine that it was just Snopes "liberal bias." Further, Nugent has changed his story, even decades after he dodged the draft. In the early 70s, with his fan base (customers) it was "cool" to tell them he dodged the draft, decades later it wasn't "cool" with his "customers" to dodge the draft. However, he currently claims he only had a student deferment, despite records showing he had a medical deferment (first a 1-Y, then changed to 4-F), which would match his original claims.

So he continues to lie about it, meaning he's decided to make it an ongoing issue. Further, many of his "fans" are the same ones that wanted to crucify Bill Clinton over dodging the draft, despite it having been something he had done decades earlier. Unlike those folks I'm not a hypocrite on this topic.

So, we have the OP posting about Nugent's current (and ongoing) poor representation of gun owners, and NRA members. We have people saying he "defends freedom," and as part of the larger discussion, I pointed out draft dodgers, who repeatedly lie about it, are not who I consider people that "defend freedom," and posted articles for those who would demand proof of his draft dodging and ever shifting explanation of it.

If you can't see that, it was part of the larger discussion of Nugent's poor representation of gun owners, that's your problem, not mine.

He's a poor representative of gun owners, libertarians, and rational people in general. The draft dodging, and his mendacity about it are just part of string of nonsense, including his latest comments that motivated this thread, that show it.

As I said in my first post, "I sure can (choose my allies), and I'm not choosing Nugent."

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:

The OP posted about a recent stupid statement by Nugent, that does represent gun owners in general, or NRA members in particular, well.

I assume you mean "...does not represent...".

And I disagree. The OP didn't post an article with a stupid statement from Nugent. He posted an article from a liberal website that intentionally misrepresented what Nugent was saying. After watching the video it is clear that he was using a metaphor and I don't see it as advocating the actual murder of liberals as the website in the OP suggests.

If you have other examples of reasons to dislike him then post them up and I will read them with an open mind. Like I said I am not a big fan of his so I am not going to fight too hard to defend him. If the only reason you dislike him is because of his draft dodging and related statements then just say so and stop acting like it is more than that.

And also, I didn't have to write my first post the way I did. I could have said that what he did 50 years ago isn't the only thing I care about without being such a dick about it. My apologies.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Strikes me that some folks, instead of focusing on those things we agree with, get way down in the weeds over irrelevant shit of no consequence.

Instead of working together for our common goals we get stuck in the mire of petty differences and divide ourselves, doing half the work of the left for them.

Lots of folks dodged the draft for a variety of reasons. Long time ago and while later acts don’t negate early acts a there is a point where someone can be redeemed, grow, and move on. Ted seems to support troops at this point. People can learn, people can change.

As for pedophilia, writing songs about questionable or illegal relationships is one thing, actually committing those acts is another. In regards to actually engaging in certain acts, over half of this country has an age of consent of just 16. Mind you, 16 in 2018 (or 2005 for that matter) is a far cry from 16 in 1980 when I was in High School.

As I watched my oldest son enter High school in 2003 and once again found myself around High School girls, I was shocked and amazed at just how “liberated” and “equal” they seem to have become. Stories I heard, if only half true, about these young hussies made some of my USMC overseas escapades seem tame by comparison.

No secret that girls mature faster then boys and girls tend to go “up” the ladder and enter into relationships with older men. They tend to be more “mature”, but more importantly (in most cases) are in a better financial position to “support” a “relationship”.

“Right” or “Wrong” is a moral or social construct and really all I will fault someone for is a violation of law. Beyond that, I really have better and more important things to be worried about.

To quote the blockbuster Disney movie “Frozen”, let it go..

As for Ted’s comments on guns and the metaphor used, my experience is if someone has to twist one persons words into a pretzel to get the desired meaning out of them, than what the person originally said doesn’t matter since the pretzel maker is more concerned with their agenda than anyone else’s comment.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post