SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No Competition for Sigforum!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Competition for Sigforum! Login/Join 
posted
I belong to several forums. My thing is finding bargains. I recently found a pretty good deal on a non-Sig gun, and posted it on that brand's forum. Again (this has happened before) I was told this was a crappy price, some people never got their rebates, etc. Well, I'm not stupid and I do order guns wholesale for my employer. The price I saw it for is nearly a hundred bucks less than was an individual, non-group member dealer would pay, plus a large rebate. Why people want to argue over stupidity or discourage others from a discount is beyond me. If you can find a better deal, post it.

Anyway, the people here are much more accepting. You all will give me guidance, but usually quite politely.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just ignore them, don't stress out.
Life is too short.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
One reason I keep coming back to Sigforum. The members here. Congrats on your find, I’m sure you did very well. And if you’re happy, that’s all that matters.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward: I was told this was a crappy price, some people never got their rebates, etc.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
In the few transactions I had here and the many ads I’ve read, people are above and beyond in the ethics department on this site. Both buyers and sellers.
On very rare occasions a (normally low post count and/or short timer) person slips through to make an attempt but they get discovered quickly.
Otherwise, a bargain is in the eye of the beholder.

Posts: 9502 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Just ignore them, don't stress out.
Life is too short.
Yup.

Don’t worry be happy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are really only three forums I spend any time on, though I "look at" about three more.

Lately I've been doing most of my posting here. Why? I guess it's because it is so comfortable here, so well run, and scammers/scoundrels and thieves usually get caught before they can do any real harm. In other words, I like it here.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus I never lost money here. Can’t say that across the boards.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer this site over most all others as well. Never had any whining about items I've sold here. Some of the S&W forums have some real cry babies. Years ago I got jobbed on gunbroker and bought a police 229 in 9mm. It came with an appalling trigger because it had a magazine disconnect safety. My fault. Didn't ask because I had never seen a Sig with one. Posted it for sale here, was very specific about the configuration and it sold quickly. The buyer thanked me for my honesty and said that it was in his stable of police marked guns.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post