SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Would it kill people to muck out their cars once in a while? (thread started in 2020; video added page 4)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would it kill people to muck out their cars once in a while? (thread started in 2020; video added page 4) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will make the correction. I think Rhino pointed that out to me before.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
You are most welcome. Thanks

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always thought service techs put down mats and plastic to protect the car from them, now I know it's to protect them from the car!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I’m in the same position. All I’ve got to say is people are friggin DISGUSTING. I’ve almost vomited more than once just driving a car for 30 seconds.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've encountered some disgusting cars at work. We had an early 90s Ford Taurus a while back that two dopers were living in. It was full to the ceiling with junk, except holes for the front seat passenger and driver. There was even crap piled almost to the ceiling between the passenger and driver's seat.

They got consent to search the vehicle, and a cat ran out when they opened the door. I was standing behind the car with the driver, and could see another cat in a small void in the trash on the rear dash. I asked him how many cats he had in there, and he said there were three, and a small dog. I never did see the third cat, or the dog...I assume they were living somewhere out of sight within the pile of refuse. Then he started telling me about the infected rash he had on his scrotum...I'm really glad I got babysitting duty on that one and didn't have to touch anything in the car.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a former Enterprise Rental car wrangler, I can tell you that there were a number times we had to take brand new mini vans out of rotation due to them being returned so filthy that they could not be re-rented. The clean up fee was no deterrent.
Something to consider if you are buying an ex-rental car or van.
Unflattering family story:
In the late 1950s, my father got a great deal on a new Cadillac. It sold cheap because its owner died of a heart attack in summer and his body was not discovered for 10 days. By that point he had basically dissolved into the cars upholstery. When my Mother found out this great deal, she forced my Father to sell the car. Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
I repossessed a car a guy had lived in the past 3 months. I drove from Ocala to Orlando in 40 degree temperatures and raining with my head out the window.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by rwilli:
Wow, its been 8 years since I quite smoking, but I still find this conversation so offensive. Sounds like a bunch of self centered, Starbucks coffee drinking, Bernie voting, Whiny ass liberals----Get over yourself. Working on dirty cars is a business you chose, deal with it. Most of this conversation belongs over on the "We love Hilary" forum.

No, not really upset, not even offended as I mentioned above---surprised is more like it. I just expected more from most of the people on this forum.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 125 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Wow, its been 8 years since I quite smoking, but I still find this conversation so offensive. Sounds like a bunch of self centered, Starbucks coffee drinking, Bernie voting, Whiny ass liberals----Get over yourself. Working on dirty cars is a business you chose, deal with it. Most of this conversation belongs over on the "We love Hilary" forum.

No, not really upset, not even offended as I mentioned above---surprised is more like it. I just expected more from most of the people on this forum.

Don't worry about it. Rhinoso seems to get get it wrong most of the time when he's talking about other people!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I work in customer's yards and encounter a similar situation. The worst is when there is a pile of dog crap in every square foot. One yard looked like the owner brought home the contents of every yard sale in the county then left it all out to get rained on and ruined. There were hundreds of items that held water and bred mosquitos that would attack my workers.

When I take a vehicle to get serviced, it is almost to the point of being detailed first. I have a theory that if the vehicle is clean, the tech might care for with a little extra effort.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I once went to check out a used crew cab pickup truck that was advertised in Craigslist. Took it for a test drive and noticed it had a particularly full aroma profile. Couple dirty diapers in the floor of the back seat. No thanks.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
When I was a cop I saw cars with hundreds/thousands of roaches, crawling everywhere and all over the headrest and the driver too.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rhino on snark patrol I believe was the quote! Lol.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
While in the service I lived in Japan for 11 years and one of the first things I noticed upon my arrival is how Japanese treat their cars ..... like an extension of their homes.... clean, no dings, no rust, immaculate and it was common to change into slippers while in the car.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just imagine what their houses or apartments look like! Eek

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Don't worry about it. Rhinoso seems to get get it wrong most of the time when he's talking about other people!

That's pretty rich coming from you, Shrimp-Boat Cap'n Jimmy, a SAGE (Self Appointed Guru of Everything)!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Cars??
Try semi's. Quite a few will make you puke.
I wear a paint respirator to get them in the shop and have had to leave the windows open to let the flys out. Some even have fly strips in the cab.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Two dealerships ago we had a 88 Pontiac LeMans,a rebranded Daewoo turd if you have forgotten. Anyway, the driver, obese late twenties woman had it filled with trash to the belt line. Everything from paper, clothes, partially eaten fast food. That one was bad enough so I thought.

Last dealership before retirement performed LOF's at a cheap price, loss leader. As a result we got a lot of real POS cars, some way past their lifespan, (think of a Taurus with major underbody structure rust out, the shop foreman had the lubie stop and drop it back on the ground it was so bad, saw part of the floorpan drooping down) and some owner caused. Stash of used diapers, both child and adult, half eaten food, pretty common. Steering wheels so dirty they were black. Paper trash, well not as bad. Weed odor, commonplace even before our liberal medical laws were in place.

The "winner" was the gray interior stained brown from chew. Pretty common was a cup in the holder filled with liquid and cigarette butts but the guy launching it on the floor and console was the nastiest thing I ever saw. Why the porter even agreed to get in and drive it was beyond me. I've dealt with some nasty stuff over the years. In my EMT days we mucked out and decontaminated our own units but nothing could top that "Tobacco Road" special edition car.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
This is a long-time issue between me and the Mrs. While not as bad as what you describe, while I hate to have a dirty vehicle, I refer to her SUV as her pig sty.

When we travel, we always take her SUV. So, our "compromise" is that before we leave, I get to clear out all the accumulated stuff (junk) and thoroughly clean it inside and out. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post