SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Would it kill people to muck out their cars once in a while? (thread started in 2020; video added page 4)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would it kill people to muck out their cars once in a while? (thread started in 2020; video added page 4) Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwilli:
Wow, its been 8 years since I quite smoking, but I still find this conversation so offensive. Sounds like a bunch of self centered, Starbucks coffee drinking, Bernie voting, Whiny ass liberals----Get over yourself. Working on dirty cars is a business you chose, deal with it. Most of this conversation belongs over on the "We love Hilary" forum.

Wow. Only 61 posts, but you've been here over three years. I'm guessing you haven't spent much time familiarizing yourself with us "Hillary supporters". Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Brought this one in while it was dark and thought I was getting hit in the head with the mic. Nope

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, its been 8 years since I quite smoking,

You might want to consider starting that back up.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, its been 8 years since I quite smoking, but I still find this conversation so offensive.

Ironically, the fact that you find this “so offensive” kind of makes you sound like a “self centered, Starbucks coffee drinking, Bernie voting, Whiny ass liberal”.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Let's imagine a early 2000"s ford van with a commercial divider behind the front seats. Filled up to the bottom of the windows and onto the dashboard.It was there for a tune up. Do you know that the engine cover has to come off? Did I mention this was a pest control company van? Full of every toxic chemical known to man.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
Let's imagine a early 2000"s ford van with a commercial divider behind the front seats. Filled up to the bottom of the windows and onto the dashboard.It was there for a tune up. Do you know that the engine cover has to come off? Did I mention this was a pest control company van? Full of every toxic chemical known to man.

I would have told them to remove all of the toxic crap and garbage out of it and then you'll work on it. Or you could have just charged your normal labor rate to remove everything and put everything back, that's what I would've done!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
(yak yak yak) Sounds like a bunch of self centered, Starbucks coffee drinking, Bernie voting, Whiny ass liberals (yadda yadda yadda)----Get over yourself.

You know what I think? I think you've got one of those disgusting cars and I hit a nerve. I can't imagine why else it would bother you. Maybe this should be a wake-up call, hmm?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have a company issued SUV and while I don't keep it spotless, it's always clean and its vacuumed weekly.

Now I have some co-workers who's company vehicles look like they haven't been cleaned since they took delivery of them. Trash piled up on the floor, dashboards that are full of dust, spots all over from spilled drinks, etc...

Drives me nuts. Can't imagine having to explain to management if they ever saw my vehicle looking like that. No way. Least I can do with a $43K SUV that's been issued to me is to keep it clean.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Don't worry about it. Rhinoso seems to get get it wrong most of the time when he's talking about other people!

That's pretty rich coming from you, Shrimp-Boat Cap'n Jimmy, a SAGE (Self Appointed Guru of Everything)!

Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

Last dealership before retirement performed LOF's at a cheap price, loss leader.

Yes, in the mid-1990s I worked for a tire dealer who did that shit. To make matters worse, they even gave a voucher for a discounted car wash across the street. After several shitty cars like you describe, the car wash terminated the relationship. Not long after that, I terminated my relationship. There are a couple of other stories I could tell.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Don't worry about it. Rhinoso seems to get get it wrong most of the time when he's talking about other people!

That's pretty rich coming from you, Shrimp-Boat Cap'n Jimmy, a SAGE (Self Appointed Guru of Everything)!

Big Grin Big Grin

There's REALLY good money in Shrimp (apparently). Stupid is, as stupid does!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember what Ron said, you can't fix stupid.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Another one yesterday with open alcohol containers. Roll Eyes I didn't notice this until I was fairly far along on my road test, so I pulled a bag of trash Roll Eyes over it. (This was a both nice and unusual car for this area, a 2009 VW Eos, and a red one to boot.) While in 35 years in the business I have only been lit up twice while on a road test, I'd still rather not have to explain it. This and other reasons is why I always have a copy of the work order with me.

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
While my wife and daughter's cars don't smell, they are definitely rolling dumpsters. I refuse to ride or drive in either one if at all possible!

While my car isn't perfectly clean ALL the time, I do keep the trash out of it as much as possible, and it's ALWAYS available for a full load of passengers WITHOUT having to "clean it out first"!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
While my wife and daughter's cars don't smell, they are definitely rolling dumpsters. I refuse to ride or drive in either one if at all possible!

I can relate. My wife works 40 hour weeks yet keeps a super clean house. Her car is definitely a "rolling dumpster". I don't get it but I won't let it get in the way of our relationship we simply take my car.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
thought about this thread last week,

A person got out of their ten y.o. four door car and went in to the store,

the debris in back seat was level with the bottoms of the rear door windows, mostly paper and cardboard stuff.

had to be two hundred ponds of garbage in there

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CT Dakota
posted Hide Post
Being in the BMW auto repair business I've seen many over the years.
One was a brand new X5 suv. cust.insist on taking the car on Friday to go the the ball game. comes back on Monday to have a cell phone installed I had to remove 3 bags of trash just to get to the battery.
Had a New 750i Individual (special order custom color and trim) come in that the back seat was filled with fishing rods and the instrument cluster looked like the driver would bite the cigar ends off and spit them at the dash.
The most recent one is an X1 the car smells so bad I almost vomited getting the car, open the back to get to the battery and there are roaches in the battery compartment,I had to replace a module under the dash and I find roaches crawling on the wire harness. I saw the cust. and he is in excess of 500lbs and can't even sit up in the chairs in the waiting area.
And this isn't even touching the rodent infested cars I've worked on recently.

Posts: 1162 | Location: SW Florida,USA | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drove my daughters SUV when she came to visit one time. I could not believe how much trash and dropped fries and candy were on the floor. The seats were dirty as well. For a leased vehicle that had a 3 year lease, I did not know you could dirty a vehicle like that in that short a time.
Ok, she does have 3 kids, but heck.
I told her about it, not sure if anything changed.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Why don't you guys just turn them away? I work in some gross homes, but if it's bad enough I just tell them I don't think we'd make a good partnership and leave. Some of them say I understand, others beg me to stay, others act like rwilli.

I have one customer who house is always trashed, it's a $1,000,000+ house and she's a stay at home mom, you'd think she'd have time to keep it clean or or husband would expect it to be clean. It's gross, dog/cat tumbleweeds, food everywhere, two rooms you can literally not enter. The kitchen smells like.... I don't know the right words to describe it. The only reason I don't refuse to do work for her is she gives me $50-80 tip every time I go and agrees to clean (rearrange funk) whatever room(s) I need to enter.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
How did I miss this thread? Lol.

Anyways, when I was in high school I briefly (less than a month) worked at a car wash detailing cars. The nastiest cars were the ones where cat owners would allow their cats to piss in the floorboards or in the trunk. Think hot, humid, sunny, summer in Georgia and smelling that wave hit you as soon as you open then door.

How people live like that, I don’t know.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post