SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sliced bread thats bigger than a sandwich bag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sliced bread thats bigger than a sandwich bag Login/Join 
posted
If I owned a bread company who makes prepackaged sliced bread I would make damn sure the bread fits into a standard ziploc sandwich baggie. Not a freak quart sized bag like I had to use today.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
This post made me realize something: I grew up with my mom making most of our bread. We used thr quart sized bags for sandwich bags because her loaf pans made bigger bread. She had smaller pans for the zucchini or pumpkin breads. But the white or wheat were bigger. And i still buy quart bags more than sandwich bags. Huh!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
IMHO, you've got that bass-ackwards: STOP MAKING MINIATURE SANDWICH BAGS!!!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
If I were making sandwiches and wanted them to fit in regular sized sandwich bags, I'd make damn sure I bought bread that fit in the regular sized sandwich bags. Just sayin'. Razz

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Real first-world problem.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knife. Two bags.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Knife. Two bags.

Knife. One bag. Stack them. Tight, but it works.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I've always thought the quart sized bag was the standard sandwich bag. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
go old school waxed paper for the win.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plastic wrap, aluminum foil, lots of ways to carry a sandwich other than bags.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

There ya go. Who wants a mini sandwich?

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
And bread that won't fit my toaster!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Knife. Two bags.

Knife. One bag. Stack them. Tight, but it works.

Knife. Eat half immediately (purely for research purposes.)

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
most bread companies have at least 2 styles split top and sandwich which is smaller what are you using ?

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sliced bread thats bigger than a sandwich bag

....MAKES A GOOD SAMMICH! Smile

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This!!!!

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I buy a ton of these. Cause honestly. Damn near anything will fit in them.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
Plastic wrap, aluminum foil, lots of ways to carry a sandwich other than bags.

If you truly are having a problem, this is your solution. Easy peesy.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:
quote:

This!!!!

I thought it was just me, and the bags we have had lately!!! Mad

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post