SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    More Range Absurdities
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Range Absurdities Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
At some point this gentleman will need some retirement advice. I wonder if our good friend the match director might have some thoughts on how to remedy the situation? I'm sure our steel match is one of the major revenue sources each month.

He has yelled at people for many years, most loudly when rapid fire shooting occurs on the rifle ranges. Kicked a friend off who was shooting a very nice military semi-auto 12 gauge.

Seems to worry a lot about the county shutting him down for an round escaping the property.

I hope he can hang on financially for a while. We need the range. He lost his son a few years back, then his wife, and doubtless he is lonely.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found Black Creek to be kinda creepy, like it's in some guy's backyard. Then again, almost everywhere I go, there's some hassle. Colonial won't let me shoot, unless I look at their safety video for the 5th time, just because I haven't seen it in the last 12 months. My outdoor range, which got rid of our steel plates a few years back, used to let me shoot at water filled plastic milk jugs placed at the base of the berm. Now they've outlawed that and insist on only paper targets. Of course, everything gets blamed on the insurance company. The older you get, the less tolerance you have for bureaucracy.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a guy running his own private kingdom. You either play by his rules or tell him to fuck off and walk away. Not too many other options really.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post