SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pork chops and Salmon had relations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pork chops and Salmon had relations Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Went to the meat store. Got a nice salmon filet, wrapped in paper. Got beautiful boneless pork chops, also wrapped in paper.

Put them in the fridge, with the salmon also plastic bagged but sitting on top of the chops.

Let's just say you do not want pork chops that taste like old fish.

I was looking forward to them, but damn, those were nasty. Took us a minute to figure out what was up, then as soon as I mentioned rotten fish taste, we knew.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
If the salmon was "nice" as you said, why would it impart a rotten fish taste onto the pork chops?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that sounds pretty revolting.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I usually try to cook fish the same day that it has been purchased. Salmon is usually pretty spendy. Once I got a good deal on salmon because the store would be closed on 1-1-20XX, 75% off! The first day it was especially delicious, the second day it was good because it was salmon, but on the third day I was merely eating my money. Too much of a good thing.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
If the salmon was "nice" as you said, why would it impart a rotten fish taste onto the pork chops?

The fish turned out fine when cooked. Fish flavored pork chops tasted horrible, like rotten fish even though the fish was fresh.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't think salmon flavored pork chops would taste good at all either. YUCK. Pork has a totally different flavor from salmon, so combining the two doesn't mean it will taste better.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

The fish turned out fine when cooked. Fish flavored pork chops tasted horrible, like rotten fish even though the fish was fresh.
I can relate to this.

I used to put Lawry's seasoning salt on beef, pork, and chicken. I typically combined it with Mrs Dash lemon pepper. I went on a health kick and found out how good the Lawry's and lemon pepper combo was on salmon, halibut, and other seafood. Then, I tried it on chicken and couldn't stand the chicken as it tasted fishy. Same thing with steak. Now, I only put the combo on seafood.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I remember working at McDs a couple decades ago and being told fish had its own fryer because people would complain about fish and chicken being cooked in the same oil. Didn’t seem like a big deal at the time but now it does. Only fish should taste like fish.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
McD has three fryers. Potatoes, chicken, and fish. Very important.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post