SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can ANYONE do anything correctly anymore?????
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can ANYONE do anything correctly anymore????? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I've been trying to hire someone at $20 an hour, that's competent enough to simply rain-x windows, lightly polish stainless steel (by hand), and wash a boat and other easy mindless things. I've literally given up.

This ^^^^^ is why I thoroughly object to welfare and related programs. As long there are good-paying jobs going wanting, and employment is at anything less than 100%, nobody who's not certifiably, physically disabled should collect a single dime from the government.

$20/hour for Rain-X'ing windows, lightly hand-polishing chrome and washing boats? Hell, I'd take that in a heartbeat for mad money if I lived in jimmy123's area.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Mark123 is too far away, so I bought a lawn mower, weed eater, trimmer, and blower.

There’s a lawn service guy on YouTube that is a Wisconsin resident. He spends his summers in Wisconsin doing his lawn care business, then goes to Florida for the winter and does lawn work.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
There’s a lawn service guy on YouTube that is a Wisconsin resident. He spends his summers in Wisconsin doing his lawn care business, then goes to Florida for the winter and does lawn work.
Winters around here are pretty dry, relatively little rain, so not much growth. My grass might need to be cut once a month, if that often, in winter.

Summer, on the other hand, rain can be daily, grass grows fast, weekly cut, or maybe every ten days, is in order.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I do pretty much all my own vehicle stuff. The Expedition came with a lifetime powertrain warranty from the dealer.
Only caveat is 5,000 mile oil changes and tire rotation along with scheduled maintenance must be done by an ASE certified shop. Or else I would be doing them.

Same here except I do my own tire rotations also. I’m looking for a good used balancer right now. After I buy one of those the only reason I’d ever need to use a service shop or dealership would be for a recall or engine/transmission replacement. Tired of warped rotors from uneven lug nut torque.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I do pretty much all my own vehicle stuff. The Expedition came with a lifetime powertrain warranty from the dealer.
Only caveat is 5,000 mile oil changes and tire rotation along with scheduled maintenance must be done by an ASE certified shop. Or else I would be doing them.

That sucks because on your vehicle you can slide underneath it, without even having to jack the vehicle up or anything. I used to change the oil in my 2008 expedition in 10-15 minutes.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post