SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    left lane closed ahead......
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

left lane closed ahead...... Login/Join 
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

And adults using the term "bully", what is this world coming to???

Well, not sure what the other person called it, but when I was entering on an on-ramp and people made a point to close the gaps, then I would pick a likely spot and just start drifting my 20 year old dented 4x4 into the highway lane. That generally led to some braking and perhaps a few creative hand gestures, but I'll be damned if I was going to a) be forced to exit, or b) slow or stop on an on ramp to wait for someone to let me in. THAT is dangerous.

So...you might say I used my strength or power to make someone do something, or perhaps, it was plain old intimidation rather than bullying. LOL

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chansen92:
Most Highways at rush time is crowed with big trucks. Those trucks usually will start a rolling road block a mile or so before the merge just to keep the idiots who stay in the merge lane from jamming up the road before the trucks can get through.

Thus jamming up the whole highway 1 to 2 miles further back and pissing off everyone, but those that believe their lane is the only lane allowed to enter the merged area, and that the merging lane is an offending lane the closer it gets to the actual merge point.

I'd love to see officers at the merge point pulling over those jerks that push their bumpers up to the car/truck in front to not allow a merge, sit them on the side for an hour or so for being dicks who think only they are in the right, and that their rules apply to the road.

Alas it will never end, I figure at some point the dick merging will cut off the dick blocking, maybe they both will get out flop their Johnson on the hood and the guy with the bigger dick gets to go first...

Its nothing more than petty people refusing to work together to achieve optimum results based on misconceptions on how it should work..

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
What Kskelton said,
"You're first, after me."

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Construction on I24 south of Nashville created a left lane ends that lasted over a year.
Signage gave more than ample warning. Didn't matter. Still a cluster.
Finally the THP worked it for a week or two. The fine was for "LATE MERGE" Easy money LOL! They just stood on the side of the road and waved the offenders in and wrote citations as fast as they could write... It was awesome! I never figured why they didn't enforce it more.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
All the had to do was slow up get in behind me, but no.

That is a "skill" Roll Eyes that I don't believe most drivers posses. Honestly I doubt they even realize it's a possible, they only know floor it and cut someone off.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
All the had to do was slow up get in behind me, but no.

That is a "skill" Roll Eyes that I don't believe most drivers posses. Honestly I doubt they even realize it's a possible, they only know floor it and cut someone off.

And that's why the zipper merge doesnt work!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I spend a good hour on I-20 every weekday and I feel your pain. It's an every day thing having to deal with not only drivers that won't get out of the passing lane - but the ones that won't stop passing on the right. (I'll eventually pass on the right but for a semi as an example - I wait as long as I can for him to get his ass over) It's mayhem. They need a law in SC and posted signs about keeping right except for passing.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
So all you dumbfucks stay in the left lane, until we all come to a screeching fucking halt because you are a SHITHEAD!

Move over while everyone is still at speed and you will all go into the one lane at speed. NOT having to stop to let your douche nozzle face into the lane because you are fucking SPECIAL!

Spent 45 minutes to go 4 friggin miles on I-20 in Georgia last week!!!! ASSHOLES!!

Road rage should be taken care of on the road, not behind the keyboard. Wink

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DonDraper, I've seen the signs you post of & understand the signs, " slower traffic keep right", some states use signage, " keep right except to pass." Most drivers just ignore that info or cannot read.

What a waste of money for signs designed to keep traffic moving.

Leaving tomorrow from WV going to Ne. I'll see plenty of stupes on the road.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
I spend a good hour on I-20 every weekday and I feel your pain. It's an every day thing having to deal with not only drivers that won't get out of the passing lane - but the ones that won't stop passing on the right. (I'll eventually pass on the right but for a semi as an example - I wait as long as I can for him to get his ass over) It's mayhem. They need a law in SC and posted signs about keeping right except for passing.

I take I-95 through the southern part of SC every day and it's the same shit-show there as well.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I-what? Wickenburg doesn't have any I-*, and I am glad. But I have not so fond memories of Montgomery County MD and the Capitol Beltway.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

And adults using the term "bully", what is this world coming to???

Well, not sure what the other person called it, but when I was entering on an on-ramp and people made a point to close the gaps, then I would pick a likely spot and just start drifting my 20 year old dented 4x4 into the highway lane. That generally led to some braking and perhaps a few creative hand gestures, but I'll be damned if I was going to a) be forced to exit, or b) slow or stop on an on ramp to wait for someone to let me in. THAT is dangerous.

So...you might say I used my strength or power to make someone do something, or perhaps, it was plain old intimidation rather than bullying. LOL
Yeah, I'd say its intimidation. Or just the law of gross tonnage and risk / reward assessment.

I don't know why, but when an adult types or utters the word "bully" in reference to adult on adult behaviors, the work "pussy" pops into my head.

I prefer age appropriate terms for those kinds of activities, like "asshole", "dickhead", "moron", or the always appropriate "Motherfucker" etc as opposed to 'bully'. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here ya go. This shitbag wants to die.

Evidently, I don't drive fast enough.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihe3K48lW5o

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I would have passed you too if you were going 16mph. Why were you going 16mph then bump it up to 50mph? Did you just pass through a stop light or something?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yes, I started off from the stop light. Never knew he was back there.

I accelerated like I always do.

I don't floor my old truck to get going.

Passing on a double yellow is fine for people who are organ donors. More deserving people need them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Yes, I started off from the stop light. Never knew he was back there.

I accelerated like I always do.

I don't floor my old truck to get going.

Passing on a double yellow is fine for people who are organ donors. More deserving people need them.

That makes a lot more sense then.

Asshole passes you in order to make you slow down a quarter of a mile later so he can turn. Complete dick move there. Breaks the law to slow you down? To what end? Why? Risk a ticket or his life to make a point that you weren't accelerating fast enough for his tastes?

He probably did save .568 seconds on his trip though, so I guess his time is pretty valuable.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well he DOES work at the movie studio, so he is better than me don't cha know.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I noticed a wheel jerk to the left, and based on the GPS coordinates, the nearest stop light is 1,150 feet away. Not to mention the 35 MPH speed limit on the road. Combined with the sudden acceleration, somebody was trying to show the bike rider who the boss was. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I don't know. I noticed a wheel jerk to the left, and based on the GPS coordinates, the nearest stop light is 1,150 feet away. Not to mention the 35 MPH speed limit on the road. Combined with the sudden acceleration, somebody was trying to show the bike rider who the boss was. Wink

Oh, like the fellow in TX who clipped the guy?!

Not cool.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
There was no jerk to the left other than the biker.

Hell, if I wanted him dead, all I had to do was hit the brakes, but I never knew he was there.

I was going way too slow to do any sudden moves.

I made my turn, slowed for the folks who work at the car lot turn into their driveways and started back on my way.

The shitbag in Texas crossed the lane lines on purpose after he had been watching the motorcycle. I never saw this guy.

But hey, accuse all you want.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!