SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    This Is Why I Don't Ask For Help!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Is Why I Don't Ask For Help! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Stupid question, and yes, I'm married, but is there a "safe" way in your particular marital dynamic to tell her, "I told you so"?

That would be rewarding, but I'm guessing not possible.

Sad.

-Rob

NFW. Ever.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
A wise man once told me that if there is time to do it over, there was time to do it right.

Additionally, my experience is that no one ”helping” you paint is anywhere near as interested in the quality of the outcome as you are.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Stupid question, and yes, I'm married, but is there a "safe" way in your particular marital dynamic to tell her, "I told you so"?

That would be rewarding, but I'm guessing not possible.

Sad.

-Rob

I have been known to ask people if they have heard of Pavlov.

Anyway, this why I generally refuse help, then I get accused of being stubborn.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for someone to say, "Well, at least he didn't step backward into the roller paint tray!"...

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
What you should have gotten is the Paint Stick. They have been around for a long time but many people still do not know about them. I would never use a tray and roller.

If you look at the feed holes under the roller, you will see the holes get bigger as you move towards the end of the roller. That allows the same amount of paint across the roller as the pressure drops towards the end of the roller.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ho...fEAQYAyABEgJpRPD_BwE

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAEIndustries:
Whens she's 6 feet under it "might" be safe to tell her that

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Someone else dispatching "help" without talking to you first is a genuine problem worthy of a firm but polite discussion, IMO. That's just not cool, and kind of disrespectful really.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
four years ago I started a small remodel job in our hall way. The molding was beat up so I fired up the router and made all new moldings, patched up the drywall had things ready to paint. My wife said she wanted to pick out the paint so I said ok. To this day she has not done so and I have not finished the project but I will just get some WHITE paint and paint everything white for Christmas. Big Grin

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Lots of sympathy here. Fortunately my wife does the painting on our remodel jobs, I do the carpentry and minor electric.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post