SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Inchers. You know the people at stoplights who inch forward?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inchers. You know the people at stoplights who inch forward? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
What the fuck is this phenomenon? You’r at a red light. Person next to you starts inching forward. I’ve watched a single vehicle do this like 10 times in a row. The light isn’t going to turn green because you inch forward dipshit. You’re also needlessly using fuel and brake pads, and rotor surface material. At a stop light in pole position I don’t care, I’ll just stare at them like the fucksticks they are. I just hate it when I’m behind an incher in a row of vehicles because the stop light is obstructed from view in my car if a van, suv, or full size truck, or some combination of them. They inch forward and I think the light turned green and we are moving forward. Nope, it’s another incher. I think it’s ADD people.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it’s ADD people.

NASCAR wannabees. At least they are not texting or one the phone. Better than the sleeper in front of you when the light does turn green.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I call them "creepers," but "inchers" works. And they still leave as many as three car lengths behind the car in front of them. A reasonable space is fine, but this is ridiculous. This is a problem when cars are backed up at the signal and you want to turn into the street from an adjacent driveway. If you try to nose into the space, they will choose that moment to creep or inch forward some more and hit you, guaranteed.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha preach on brother Beavis! I've seen people end up almost a full car length past the stop line/crosswalk doing this. Bonus points for when the light does turn green and they sit there for a full 3 count before going.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I also hate that shit,around Atlanta its a given.
Me I just sit in the same spot,sometime there at two car lengths of the creepers ahead at a light.
Screw that crap,when I am stopped the light has to change for me to move.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least they are not texting or one the phone.

I have seen people run or start to run red lights because they are looking at their phone, the guy next to them inches, and they think the light turned green and traffic is moving.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

I have seen people run or start to run red lights because they are looking at their phone, the guy next to them inches, and they think the light turned green and traffic is moving.

I see this at least a few times per day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A sub-species of this is the rectal orifice in the lane on my left when I am contemplating a right turn on red. I ease forward a bit to try to look left and make sure that I'm clear to go, and the jerk moves forward to block my view.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I have to do a little creeping myself, due to the weird placement of the magnetic switch that triggers the light. And I have to hit it just right on my motorcycle to get the light to change.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

Yeah, that's fun to watch.

I saw some idea texting at a red light while there were green turn arrows (4 lane hwy) - coming from the other was was a HUGE semi turning in front of us. Our light turned green but the semi was still turning through the intersection. The left lane car started moving then slowed down to wait for the semi, the right lane car (texter) started accelerating and kept going, directly at the huge semi. Obviously took some visual cues to start then kept texting.

BANG, drove right into the semi at 15-20 MPH, which kept moving out of the intersection, grinding the front of the texters car to get out of the intersection. Airbags had deployed and the person looked discombobulated / shocked.

Fucking moron.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
A sub-species of this is the rectal orifice in the lane on my left when I am contemplating a right turn on red. I ease forward a bit to try to look left and make sure that I'm clear to go, and the jerk moves forward to block my view.

Those are my favorites too, and they all drive 3/4 ton trucks.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I used to own a ‘71 C-10, it wasn’t lifted or anything, but it let me sit high enough that I could see over the roof of other cars, in situations like the one you describe I always stayed back to a point that the other driver(s) could see without extending into the intersection.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

I'm deep staging.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Then they sit at the light for three seconds after it turns green.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
It isn't just the guys that are sitting next to them. Traffic with the right-of-way hates them too. If I'm approaching an intersection where they're stopped playing the "inch" game, I get cautious. It's like they're playing chicken. I've got the right away, but I've laid a bike down when one of these idiots decided to pull on out. And kept going.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldrider:

I've laid a bike down when one of these idiots decided to pull on out.
It's the Cloak Of Invisibility. Standard equipment on motorcycles. It renders you invisible to car drivers, primarily at intersections.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Down in Miami, the cubans do this until they're half way through the intersection, regardless of traffic.

The cubans do a lot of stupid shit down there, like parking in the road and walking into a restaurant, or stopping in the road to get out and stretch...busy road, too. The world revolves around them.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I wish I would have saved it, but I had a great dashcam video of an "incher" start behind the wide white line and make it past that AND the crosswalk before the light went green. They had moved so far up, they couldn't even see the lights. It was a head scratcher.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
coming soon to a stop light near you

Line lock fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WktM8DiyHVA

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Around here, they stop three car lengths from the stop line or the car in front of them and then inch forward the whole time. What’s the fucking point of that? The ones that pull short of the stop line don’t trigger the light, and what’s the point of leaving all that space between yourself and the car in front of you if you’re just going to close the gap while the light cycles? The best part is when there’s three or four of these nitwits in a row, taking up the space that a dozen vehicles could occupy. Just maddening.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post