SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    3900 x 3900 pictures
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3900 x 3900 pictures Login/Join 
posted
I can't do a lot of stuff on the computer,
after 11 years , I never got off of the Novice
skill set.

so in an attempt to get along with others here , I make effort to look at my posts, after I hit the post now button.

To see if in fact most of the spelling is correct, that the picture is sized so you do not have to zoom way the hell in or pull way the hell back out.

If you can not read the text that comes with the picture, you are doing it wrong.

If I can not read the text and the pictures w/0
thumb wheeling one way or the other, I delete my post.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yep. Royal PITA.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
You and others like you are very considerate. I browse on my iPhone during lunch and coffee breaks and the 3900x3900 pictures are annoying. Sometimes, even with scrolling I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at because it was 10 screens right and 6 screens down.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Either too big of pictures or manual signature lines that extend across.

On a laptop, it doesn't show it but on a phone, the bigger pictures and longer manual signature lines dwarf everything else or make you scroll across.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so if there are 8 different sized screens ,

what size pic will come the closest to pleazing most of the people?

or should we post 300x300
600x600 and
750x750

and let people chooze the pics they want?

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A maximum size of 800 x 600 is probably OK.

Smaller is fine, if the photo does not contain a lot of detail.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are may signature lines "manual" ?
( again , novice)

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Probably my #1 pet-peeve here. If you are going to post a pic/video/image/etc...why not take 10 seconds for the thread to refresh and check your work?

Frustrating.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Some forums have a preview feature, it's a nice and useful touch to view a post as it will actually be displayed before going live with it.

But with out that feature it really isn't very hard just to review and edit a post if needed. I always do that and have been known to resize a picture on occasion myself.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
A maximum size of 800 x 600 is probably OK.

Smaller is fine, if the photo does not contain a lot of detail.

This should work ^^.

I use GIMP (GPL = no cost) software to resize.
Then save (export) the picture as a .jpg file at 50%.
Takes only a minute or so to do this

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Slightly off topic but can everyone be a bit more considerate when replying to a post that has a picture, because most of the time, we don't need to see the same picture in multiple postsRoll Eyes

A simple description of the picture would be fine:

Example:

quote:
Lkdr1989's picture of an angry meerkat

the other quoted text

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must be a pre-novice. I think I posted a pic or 2 here once but that was a long time ago and not sure how I did it.
You are way ahead of me Bendable.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing the Moments of Zen must really cheese you off, then.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rarely open them any more,
I remember when I used to though ,
they were indeed enjoyable.

Maybe I can get the guy to just email me a 600 x 800 version Big Grin

i.i.r.c. the guy does not do it on a daily basis ( the king sized pics)

Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
Well, my feelings are the MoZ pictures need to be rather large for the detail.

But being old and forgetful, scrolling across a picture of a pistol that's as big as an Abrams, it's hard to enjoy the picture.

With the exception of landscape type pics, I vote for smaller pictures. Though I wouldn't know how to make them that way....... Smile

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was a good example, I opened a protection thread and all I could see on my iPhone was s wall with an outlet on it. The member later resized it and it was a cute protection pic of his child with s toy gun.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
would a code word or phrase be to much to ask
, in the thread title.
Giant pic or photo challenged .

not for you club , we know what you do

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
generally speaking, 800xLess where 800 is the long side of the image is the best size for forums.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what post ?
Big Grin

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The quoted photos are especially annoying.

But reasonably sized images are good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post