SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    LIBERTY MUTUAL: You can't fire us. We quit.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LIBERTY MUTUAL: You can't fire us. We quit. Login/Join 
posted
Until recently, I had my auto insurance through Liberty Mutual from age 15 to the present, a total of 62 years. During that time, I had very few claims. What I had was mostly things like broken windshields. I have never had a major accident. Prior to my renewal date this past December, I did have a small claim, which was handled under Uninsured Motorist coverage, which is not supposed to affect your premium. Someone backed into me in a parking lot and drove off. They at first told me it was covered by collision with a $1000 deductible. I called them back after talking to a friend in the insurance business and they admitted it would fall under Uninsured Motorist, with a $250 deductible. Even then, they handled the claim very poorly. Shortly thereafter, I came up for renewal and they jacked my rate on a single 2017 Subaru from $1400 to $1900. My driving record is clean. Never had a DUI. The last time I got a speeding ticket was fifty years ago. I decided to get a quote from USAA, which came in $1000 cheaper, than my Liberty Mutual invoice. When I called Liberty Mutual to tell them that after 62 years, I was cancelling and why, I got the "let me look at your policy to see if we can save you money". I told them, they could have done that before they sent me the invoice.

Now for the best part . Four months after cancelling, I got a letter from them yesterday, claiming, that I had recently made inquiry about an auto insurance quote but that after reviewing factors such as driving record, loss history and other factors, "you did not meet Liberty Mutual's eligibility requirements and therefore we were unable to provide you with the quote you requested." I can't wait to write them back, By the way, Dan, my local agent of many years has retired. I was notified that his replacement is named Mohammed. We have not talked .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to think there are no 'good' insurance companies left.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Just for the fact that Liberty has been filling my spam folder relentlessly means that I won't be giving them my business. Now or ever.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Insurance is just legalized theft. It's bullshit.

You go 20 years with no claims and still have to pay, ok fine that why it's called insurance. It's a gamble. But then you have one claim and they jack you. Ok, if it works that way it should work the other, I want my 20 years' worth of premiums back.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
I'm starting to think there are no 'good' insurance companies left.

They are all good companies, until you actually have to use them!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They raised your rates because they have too many shitty drivers plus all these claims from things like all this flooding and hurricanes over the past couple years.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Insurance: Paying for a service that you cannot use.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Insurance: Paying for a service that you cannot hope never to use.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but they've got this cool Emu spokesperson. So they've got that going for them, which is nice.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Even when you don't file a claim, you pay for others who do. My car insurance goes up every year, and I'm not talking pennies, and it's because of hurricanes, car theft, the sun got in our eyes, more drivers on the road...BULLSHIT.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
$1900 a year for a 2017 Subaru and $1K deductible? Eek Jeebus! And I thought insurance was expensive here...

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
$1900 a year for a 2017 Subaru and $1K deductible? Eek Jeebus! And I thought insurance was expensive here...

LOL. My record is spotless. I wish I payed only $1900 per year.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
somebody has to pay for the free superbowl tickets and free trips to Hawaii the agents get. My Brother inlaw is in that organized crime and if they want there bonus they have a no claim quota to stay under. complete scam.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:

LOL. My record is spotless. I wish I payed only $1900 per year.

I pay $1,200 for an 2017 Subaru AND an 2012 Ford Fusion with a $500 deductable.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I bought a double wide at the coast. Called Alstate, same folks I'd been getting insurance from for over 40 years. They sub it out to a 3rd party as they don't do "trailers". Fine. But they want to inspect it first. Fine. They come out, look the place over with a clipboard and come up with a tick list of things to do which included painting some exterior trim in the middle of winter. Told them I'd do the work and catch the trim paint later on in the summer. Month or 2 later we get cancelled. The trim hadn't been painted. It's Feb-Mar and wet, not going to get painted. I call them up and they're firm on it. Won't insure the place.

Called USAA let them quote the many things Allstate is doing, price comes in less and the insurance is better. Cancelled Allstate...on everything. 3 cars, our personal home, rentals, on and on. They call me up sorry I'm leaving. I told them the story and what I thought of them and finished by noting: "I didn't leave you, you left me".

USAA never did look at the double wide. Maybe they pulled up google maps. A year and a half later I painted the trim after replacing part of the eve that had beetle damage.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1680 per year for a 2018 Silverado.
Welcome to Michigan.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
After a recent “USAA Sucks!” thread, and being a USAA customer for years, I decided to shop around to see if there were in fact better options. My policy was up to renew the following month and I decide since I hadn’t shopped rates for about 3 years I would double check.

Liberty was one of the ones I checked and their online quote process told me they would cheerfully collect three times what my USAA policy cost.

I politely declined and with everyone else also charging considerably more than USAA, I went ahead and continued with my policy renewal.

About a week later I got a phone call from a Liberty sales person who “noticed” I never completed the policy process asking me if I was still interested. I said no, I was not and when asked why I explained it had to do with a 300% increase over my current policy.

He was quite apologetic and offered to go over everything again to see if they could provide a better rate and when I declined, he asked why I didn’t want to at least check and see if they could do better.

I explained they had the chance to do that when I went through it online, and my info hasn’t changed. If I give it to them again and they offer me a substantially lower rate, that just tells me they attempted to screw me the first time around and reinforces my decision that they are not a company I would do business with.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
They at first told me it was covered by collision with a $1000 deductible. I called them back after talking to a friend in the insurance business and they admitted it would fall under Uninsured Motorist, with a $250 deductible.

No need doing business with a company that is going to flat out lie to you.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Liberty Mutual is THE worst! I cancelled them like a stamp about 5 years ago when they wanted to jack my home and auto rates by some 60%. Yeah...they can go into a closet and suck eggs.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Insurance is just legalized theft. It's bullshit.

You go 20 years with no claims and still have to pay, ok fine that why it's called insurance. It's a gamble. But then you have one claim and they jack you. Ok, if it works that way it should work the other, I want my 20 years' worth of premiums back.

I had that happen on my furnace. Family has been paying the premiums since the 70’s. Then one day they called me up and said, we aren’t insuring you anymore. Furnace too old. Get a new one. But we won’t reimburse you for all the years we took your money, and did nothing for it.
“Yeah, well, that’s just your opinion. Fuck off.”

There was a recent thread about people wanting to insure their pets. And I believe 1 gentleman proved my point in noting that he’d had his premiums jacked up for no good reason, either. A gamble. Where often times the odds are against you.

We as a society are buying into this whole idea of insurance for EVERYTHING and allowing, even encouraging it to happen. I get people wanting to protect their families. And homes. But getting yanked around by your heartstrings on a pet? Frustrating when you feel like Cassandra.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post