SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Depressing, that's what it is...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Depressing, that's what it is... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
How little time it takes to lug $525 worth of groceries into the house.

And, no, no EBT cards involved Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:

No one here, knowing you, would dare suspect that one was.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow, how much scotch and caviar did you buy? Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Wow, how much scotch and caviar did you buy? Smile

Close as we came was some Canada Dry and a slab of haddock... Wink

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:

No one here, knowing you, would dare suspect that one was.

RMD

I take that as a complement. Thank you, Sir.

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
You know, you actually move the groceries 5 times. From the shelf to the cart, the cart to the belt, the belt back to the cart, the cart to your truck, and from the truck to your house.

Doesn't that make you feel better? Only $105 each trip Big Grin.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Add:

Cabinet to stove

Stove to table

Table to mouth

Mouth to....uh...well, that's enough I guess.

Getting cheaper all the time!

Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I hear ya, food is pricey!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Food magically appears in my house. I sp nd a lot on beer though...

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
When the Mrs. and I got married nearly 53 ago we could spend $60.00 every two weeks and that included my cigarettes. Now I can spend the same amount and it's about enough for three days.

Does not include any tobacco products at all.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I had a reprieve as the kids moved out. That seems to be over, grocery bills are starting to creep back up.

I kill enough game to keep the two of us in red meat. Scares me to look in the meat case. No I'm not going to stop hunting because of the economics of food.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Maybe you bought to much 'high end' groceries, from Whole Foods no less?

Spend that $$ on pasta & canned beans from Wal-Mart, Sams, Aldi, or Woodmans & you may have to hire out help.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Maybe you bought to much 'high end' groceries, from Whole Foods no less?

Spend that $$ on pasta & canned beans from Wal-Mart, Sams, Aldi, or Woodmans & you may have to hire out help.

Nope. Local Maine chain, Hannaford's. Not even any expensive meat like steaks or ham. Just routine stuff.

We tried shopping at WalMart one month. No significant difference in expense, didn't care at all for their produce section. We do buy case-lot soup and a couple of other canned goods there.

posted Hide Post
Whomever decided the cpi was allowed to use substitutions for more expensive products should be tarred and feathered. It's a blatant lie to the public to paint a happier picture.

I can easily put $100 in groceries on the back of my klr 650 without luggage, where in the few years ago past it was a vastly more difficult task.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post