SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon crap app and wish I never even tried that site..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon crap app and wish I never even tried that site.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
A gracious Member of Sig Forum sent me a $ 100.00 Amazon gift card a while back. Took me some time but I thought to use the card for new safety shoes. After 3 days of trying to create a account I learned I left the F'n 1 off my phone number so it wouldnt start my account. Numbers of calls to Customer service later I find I cant shop on the site without adding a back up credit card. Oh how nice... Mad I asked to have the $ 100.00 loaded back on my card which Customer service said has been done. The Member is getting the card sent back as soon as I hear by email. That or I will give it to another Member here as I refuse to use it. I have tried to close the half baked account but havnt succeeded yet by phone. No good at navigating their site to do this. Now I have a app on my phone which cant be uninstalled. I disabled that app. How does a app I installed become a system app ? Never mind, I dont want to know. What is for certain, I am never, for the remainder of life, buying a thing on Amazon. Oh I could rant on but will just call it quits.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
what kind of phone do you have? On an iphone, you just press on the app icon until it start to wiggle and it has an X on a corner. You click on the corner to get rid of the app.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I love Amazon, and use it almost daily.

I buy things that I could go into my local Walmart less than a mile away and buy.
But I hate Walmart, I hate crowds, I hate self service checkouts that Walmart forces customers to use.

Then again I also buy things that cannot be found locally and I'm sure not going to drive around DFW trying to find it.
2 clicks and it is at my front door 2 days later.

I can buy ANYTHING on Amazon and have it at my front door in 2 days, even if I didn't need it in 2 days.

When an item is sent UPS, that is job security for me. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
David, the Amazon site can be a little clunky at times but it is well worth the effort and time it takes to fix glitches. Email them with your problem and they will give you a phone number to call. They did this for me a few years ago.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Don't be such a grouch. Amazon is fine to great. It didn't get so big by being crap.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've an issue with Amazon that's caused me to remove their app from my mobile devices and shop elsewhere, first, but the apps' functionality, the web interface, their product selection and pricing, their shipping and their customer service certainly were never issues.

I'm sure that if you wished to re-gift that card, you could karma it in The Lounge and have no end of entrants.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why did you use the app at all? Why not just the website? Seems to be more user error.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I try to support local businesses but at times Amazon is the only player in the game.
Over the last year I have come to rely on it more as the selections in local stores gets worse and worse. For example, 13" Mac Book, my daughter needed it quick as hers was damaged as I related in an earlier thread. The Apple Store was out of them,no store close by either, three or four days ETA. I went home and ordered on Amazon for next day.

Amazon did screw that up though, we got it in two days and they waived the shipping charges without me having to do anything.

And don't even get me started on book stores. Thirty mile radius and the only player is B&N with one location.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Yeah screw the app. I booked marked the login. But yeah my cc is set up there.
I'd buy your card 90.00 ...

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I know for a fact that you do not need a CC on file to use the website if you just want to load a GC balance onto your account. I had no trouble at all doing that with a “ghost” account in the last few months.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
Yeah screw the app. I booked marked the login. But yeah my cc is set up there.
I'd buy your card 90.00 ...
My email is in my profile. Send me a address and I will give you the card. You are welcome to it. Thank you.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post