SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Movie theaters are ruined by the smartphone and millennials
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie theaters are ruined by the smartphone and millennials Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Two words: Home Theater. Blue Ray + 63" HD Plasma (now old and due for a 4K replacement one of these years) + full surround sound system + Netflix.

Why bother subjecting myself to overpriced movie theaters (and they've gotten expensive here.)

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the last time I darkened the doorway of a movie theater . Late 90's probably . Those jerkoffs in Hollywood don't get any of my money except for what they squeeze out of the cable company . None of that HBO shit either .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I agree. I haven’t been in a movie theater in 10 years.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Millennials and cell phones didn't ruin anything. The blame lays squarely on the generations before them for not teaching their kids manners.

Though I will say that I go to around 6 movies a year and can only think of twice where someone was using a phone during the movie and only one of those was talking on it. He was removed rapidly by other people in the theater.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don't understand. You thought you could talk sense to the guy after the repeated official requests by the theater?

And you had a flashlight all this time and didn't use it until he tried to pull on you what you pulled on him?

I would have pulled out my flashlight and shine it on my watch to see what time it is while making sure his eyes were in line. That's what I did when a guy two chairs over kept pulling out his phone and looking at it. He got the hint and didn't pull it out.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I don't understand. You thought you could talk sense to the guy after the repeated official requests by the theater?

I asked the guy to put it away, he didn’t and wanted to argue about it. That’s when I left and got theater staff involved. I wasn’t going back in there after that. If I have to leave to get staff involved I’m out.

Issue is bad here. Unless staff comes in regularly some clown will pull out a phone. They have ADD.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post