SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If only stupid hurt...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If only stupid hurt... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
The world would be a much happier place.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Is there something you want to tell us?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Is there something you want to tell us?

Yeah man, click bait title with a really non-existent post content. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Just a general observation on the number of stupid people in the world.

Precipitated (at the moment) by some of the monumentally stupid comments being made elsewhere about why "regular people" don't need guns.

Exacerbated by the number of truly ignorant statements made about guns on non-gun boards when somebody asks a technical question.

"Shotgun is the best weapon for home defense. They'll shit themselves when they hear the 'chack-chack'."

"Birdshot will blow a man in half at close range."

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Shotgun is the best weapon for home defense. They'll shit themselves when they hear the 'chack-chack'."

Ummm... that one is true. Or haven't you heard ASG's "chack-chack" speech?

Razz

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
A corollary is, let's just take all the warning labels off and let life sort things out.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
A corollary is, let's just take all the warning labels off and let life sort things out.

Indeed.

Of course, there would still be people that were wrong on the internet...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:

Razz

-Rob

I’m sorry...Who or what is ASG?

Posts: 362 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:

Razz

-Rob

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

Air Soft Guy. A true gentleman, given to mild manners, deference and inoffensive, nearly timid opinions.

posted Hide Post
A lot of time Stupid does hurt . YouTube is full of videos proving that . Big Grin

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
A lot of time Stupid does hurt . YouTube is full of videos proving that . Big Grin

True, just not often enough. Or for all the right reasons.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Unless you're stupid. Your post assumes we're not.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Unless you're stupid. Your post assumes we're not.

This is one of the only boards...perhaps THE only board...where I just don't run into stupid people. Oh, one pops up once in a while, but the Whack A Mole machine fixes that tout de suite.

Folks I don't agree with, sure. Perhaps even one or two occasions where I got seriously annoyed. But really determined, intransigent, bone-deep stupid just doesn't show up here. One of the many things I love about this place.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Air Soft Guy. A true gentleman, given to mild manners, deference and inoffensive, nearly timid opinions.

and would never post a quote calling himself an asshole as his signature...

Without further ado, here is ASG's Chack-Chack Speech. If you chose to keep on reading, I do have to warn you that what has been read cannot be unread.
quote:
THUMP

That's what awakened me, the unmistakable sound of my front door closing, a door never used because there was no key for it but sure enough someone had just closed it, meaning, of course, that someone had to have opened it.

With adrenalin pumping into my bloodstream ripping the sleep from my eyes like a speed flavored cappuccino I stealthily peeled myself from bed and grabbed the shotgun from the closet, checking the chamber, just as it should I saw the light blue plastic shell, in it an ounce of solid lead, it's whole reason for existence was to make someone's day very rough.

It was a Mossberg 590, it's the kind of gun a man wants when a man needs a gun for business. No frills, no gadgets, point this end at whatever you want to die and then squeeze that part down there. If you need another shot move this slide right there back and then forward again, squeeze the bang button once more. Repeat as necessary. I had loaded it with slugs in case of bears, not that I had any trouble with bears, it's just that you never know when the circus will be rolling through town.

I carefully opened my bedroom door and peeked out, nobody in sight, but I heard someone messing around somewhere behind the fireplace likely by my computer, my house being essentially one large room with another large room attached to it, separated only by a large rock fireplace. My bedroom and the bathroom being the only two room separate from the rest.

I came around the side that would prevent his exit from either the front or back doors, meaning his only option was to leap through a plate glass window into some blackberry bushes.

He was a man of medium height but painfully skinny apparent even through the baggy pants and thick hoodie, with a goatee on a scarred face like someone who had a lot of acne as a teenager or did a lot of drugs.

I said to him, "How do you feel about being sent to your maker with the last image burned into your brain being my wiener flopping around from the recoil?"

He whirled around, a look of stunned amazement and fear on his face, likely from a combination of seeing a naked man holding a shotgun on him and the fact that a man as large as myself would be able to slink in and out of the shadows so efficiently. He is of course now aware that I am the Night.

He stood there stuttering and stammering trying to find some way to maybe, just maybe, talk his way out of this terrible situation he broke himself into, but I continue and say, "Now you got a choice, you can make a move, or," as I tossed him a jar of Vaseline sitting on my dining room table for some unexplained reason, "you can lay down, set a spell, take your pants off."

He turned the jar over in his hands, opened it and said, "This is empty."

"I know," I said and then began to laugh maniacally.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, he is The Joymaker.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Pelosi would’ve stroked out years ago

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Pelosi would’ve stroked out years ago

My point exactly.

posted Hide Post
I thought that I was having a corollary, the other day , turned out to be gas ( I hope)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post