SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pic of prez
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pic of prez Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:

Why are many people in San Francisco trying to pay off their home taxes this year? Because they get deductions which they won’t get next year.

So, one of the constant whine and cries of the left is for things to be “fair” and for the “rich to pay their share”.

Explain the “fairness” of someone in my state paying federal income tax on $100K while someone in a state with high state income taxes only pays federal income tax on $90K because they also have to pay state taxes?

Seems to me that those states without state income taxes are subsidizing those states with them.

Everyone complaining about all the deductions and loopholes for others all the while enjoying the ones they can get. Want to be rid of the deductions they can’t get, but keep the ones they can. Not terribly “fair” if you ask me. Those folks need to “pay their share” too.

Makes sense that those who pay the most will see more benefit than those who pay little to nothing. That is just common sense.

We would be better off if folks occasionally glanced at the greater good (lower tax rates, fewer regulations, simpler filing, etc) instead of only focusing on how to get “more” for themselves.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
We would be better off if folks occasionally glanced at the greater good (lower tax rates, fewer regulations, simpler filing, etc) instead of only focusing on how to get “more” for themselves.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
What’s with pic of trump on every page?

Kevin

OK,

So I promised myself over the past few years, that I wasn't gonna get involved in every political thread that came up, or other discussions, but I gotta bite.

First off, what are you basing your view off of?

Are you willing to lay out the mathematics of why you posted such? (Not saying you are wrong, there are things that are positive and negative IMO in the latest tax bill)

Second... This forum, of which you have been a member of for 16 years has made ABSOLUTELY ZERO doubt that they supported President Trump as opposed to the other choice... If this is news to anyone, well... Maybe they need to have Ray Charles look out for them...

Now, if you actually have a beef with the new tax plan, and if you can actually spell it out mathematically I will listen. I'm not the end all be all of accounting (certainly not in fact) but just a drive by posting is absurd.

Let's see your complaints, and if they are valid, I"ll pick up a torch and pitchfork with you and go after "the man" with you.

But spell it out for me please.

From what numbers I have crunched... It benefits me.... But I am a simple caveman....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Classic troll behavior. I'm so bored this morning that I read the entire thread from the beginning...Stop feeding the troll and he'll go away.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Combat Vet seems to have left the thread.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why are many people in San Francisco trying to pay off their home taxes this year? Because they get deductions which they won’t get next year.

So, one of the constant whine and cries of the left is for things to be “fair” and for the “rich to pay their share”.

Explain the “fairness” of someone in my state paying federal income tax on $100K while someone in a state with high state income taxes only pays federal income tax on $90K because they also have to pay state taxes?

Seems to me that those states without state income taxes are subsidizing those states with them.

Everyone complaining about all the deductions and loopholes for others all the while enjoying the ones they can get. Want to be rid of the deductions they can’t get, but keep the ones they can. Not terribly “fair” if you ask me. Those folks need to “pay their share” too.

Makes sense that those who pay the most will see more benefit than those who pay little to nothing. That is just common sense.

Agreed. What we have here is a step in the right direction. It's just a tiny step though.

We need The Fair Tax. Do away with the IRS and the tax code completely.

Oh, shit, I shouldn't have said that about doing away with the IRS. There's a black helicopter over my house and these SUVs are

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

What a novel notion! We all believe we deserve something special. Roll Eyes

But any sort of flat or “fair” tax, including universal sales taxation, would meet with the same howls of protest. I don’t itemize or take anything other than the standard deductions, but if they were eliminated a large segment of the population would have fits about not being able to deduct the interest they pay on their home mortgages, their charitable contributions, or any of countless other expenses that they pay now. I’m reminded of an article I read years ago about what was taxed under Britain’s VAT. Some articles such as infants’ clothing were exempt, so that led to immediate disputes about what qualified as “clothing” and what was intended for “infants.” A bureaucracy would still be required to deal with the innumerable claims and complaints, not to mention the actual collection of any sort of tax.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Just noticed the DJT pic is no longer in the header. So in case you're already missing the 'Victory Shot', here it is for your viewing pleasure.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Thanks, nhracecraft, I was starting to get a little twinge of withdrawal. Razz Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am just thinking perhaps better background checks, mental health checks, etc.

Spoken like a true proponent of gun control; it is that "etc" that hurts gun owners most. You know, devil in the details Roll Eyes

Perhaps this for the forum header, for the snowflakes that could't handle the previous photo-

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Pic of prez

OK.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Pic of prez

OK.

Unless you're Italian, then perhaps he's taking to CNN

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
My belief is that the *ONLY* way to get meaningful tax reform is to abolish payroll deductions for all taxes. As soon as everyone has to write a monthly check to the feds, state, county, and city, you’ll see a hue and cry as never before to lower taxes.

At least, that’s how I imagine it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

If we focused on lower tax rates, fewer regulations, simpler filing, etc. people would have more for themselves.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post