SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pic of prez
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pic of prez Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Unfuckingbelievable. If nothing else, the repeal of the individual mandate tax penalty should be reason alone for every liberty loving red blooded American to celebrate. But no, some just blindly follow the leftists' talking points. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Even if this only helps big companies, so what? Why are you opposed to less taxation?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I think he's upset because he doesn't like how his membership fee is being spent...

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Oh how I love this stuff. It used to irritate me when folks would spew the mainstream lib whining points. Now I just kinda get that dead eyed stare like Paulie's from Goodfellas. It is so obvious the person spewing that filth, especially in this case, has not educated themselves even a little bit on the issue.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I think he's upset because he doesn't like how his membership fee is being spent...

I guess he could always request a refund...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Combat Vet,
If you haven't done so, may I suggest you go to The Lounge and look through some of the pertinent threads related to tax reform, and the Trump Presidency thread.
There is a lot of thoughtful information, including links to outstanding articles, posted there.
Not a small number of us started out not Trump fans, but have been steadily and increasingly pleased with the achievements of the Trump administration.
The tax reform is in many ways not all it could be, due to the slim majority of the Republicans in the Senate (it had to be passed by reconciliation because there were not 60 votes to end a filibuster).
But the main benefit is not so much for individual taxpayers as it is for corporations. The result of this change in corporate tax structure is expected by our own economic competitors to result in huge investments in the US, a huge increase in jobs, and higher wages for American workers due to a tight job market.

Keep watching not only regular news sources, but pertinent threads on SigForum where you will learn a lot if you want to.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:
I doubt it! The tax bill will only help the wealthy and big corporations!

Kevin

Watches/believes CNN

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Combat Vet,
If you haven't done so, may I suggest you go to The Lounge and look through some of the pertinent threads related to tax reform, and the Trump Presidency thread.
There is a lot of thoughtful information, including links to outstanding articles, posted there.
Not a small number of us started out not Trump fans, but have been steadily and increasingly pleased with the achievements of the Trump administration.
The tax reform is in many ways not all it could be, due to the slim majority of the Republicans in the Senate (it had to be passed by reconciliation because there were not 60 votes to end a filibuster).
But the main benefit is not so much for individual taxpayers as it is for corporations. The result of this change in corporate tax structure is expected by our own economic competitors to result in huge investments in the US, a huge increase in jobs, and higher wages for American workers due to a tight job market.

Keep watching not only regular news sources, but pertinent threads on SigForum where you will learn a lot if you want to.

Will take a look stjill. I do have an open mind.

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do have an open mind.

If that were true you wouldn't have parroted the Liberal talking points about Trump, the tax cut, et al.

Getting the truth of things takes effort due to the mainstream media's monopoly and constant bombardment of nonsense and lies. Someone with an open mind would have figured this out long ago.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
I do have an open mind.

If that were true you wouldn't have parroted the Liberal talking points about Trump, the tax cut, et al.

Getting the truth of things takes effort due to the mainstream media's monopoly and constant bombardment of nonsense and lies. Someone with an open mind would have figured this out long ago.

Give the guy a break, he said he's going to do some research and that he's being openminded.

Merry Christmas!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bullshit.

Every time I've seen or heard someone say they're open-minded, they really aren't.

Starting to research... now?? The Clinton and Obama regimes weren't a catalyst to seek the truth of things but because Trump has no class and lies (according to the msm) is?

Open-mind... sure.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Give the guy a break, he said he's going to do some research and that he's being openminded.

Perhaps. But you hear this all the time from leftists, along with "but." "I'm a Republican, but." "I support the Second Amendment, but."

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Bullshit.

Every time I've seen or heard someone say they're open-minded, they really aren't.

Starting to research... now?? The Clinton and Obama regimes weren't a catalyst to seek the truth of things but because Trump has no class and lies (according to the msm) is?

Open-mind... sure.
Better late than never.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Take a man at his word until his actions prove otherwise.

Not everyone was born with all the answers and aware of every truth.

I have changed my mind and views a few times as these things became evident.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
even if it had only lowered corporate taxes.... you know who pays those, right? Not the corporations. They're passed on to the consumer in increased prices. And the confiscatory rates that were in place meant more jobs going overseas. That's already starting to change.

Next time you call customer support and get a native English speaker, you'll thank DJT.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Combat Vet,

Will take a look stjill. I do have an open mind.

Kevin

Don't even need to look to hard, I'll give you a few things to research:

• First look into who works for big corporations and wealthy people. (A clue on this one, almost everyone in America)
  • Second, check out this CALCULATOR to see if it helps you
  • Research if companies locate in countries with high or low tax rates.
  • Research if having more money in your pockets feels better or worse.
  • Look into companies Giving bonuses to workers and raising minimum hourly wages to $15
  • Lastly research what people do when they have more money (another clue here, only two options spend or invest it).

After looking into the above, a thought exercise. Is more money for most people a good thing or bad thing for the economy?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Combat vet, we all had a clear choice last election. One candidate supported gun owners by honest citizens, One candidate DID NOT.

We got lucky and got the one which DID support gun ownership. That candidate now has his photo on the top of every page. Does it screw up the formatting? Yes. Get over it. Everything else follows.

BTW, on the tax thing, which is a minor issue in some regards: I'll be paying significantly higher taxes now. Am I happy? Damned right I am. Just because it's not right for me personally doesn't mean I won't support something if the country benefits and it will in this case. Apple alone had 252 BILLION dollars stuck overseas they can repatriate to the US now. Multiply that by all the major companies on the big board and it's gonna be yuge.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post