SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I've lost my bird feeder
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've lost my bird feeder Login/Join 
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted
to a Mockingbird. It drives every other bird off and keeps it all to itself. I guess the cold weather has narrowed its food choices down to the suet.
I starting to miss seeing the bluebirds, titmice, chickadees and others. A brave wren will sneak a little until attacked.

A minor annoyance I know Roll Eyes

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Don't feel too bad, I lost mine to a cow.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Starlings here, always in packs to intimidate the other birds.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I understand a woman in Alabama has written a guide to get rid if it but I don't really want to kill it. Smile

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Could be worse... Eek

Right outside my living room window. Went to something I can bring in every night.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I've had a bear visit my feeder that is at my shack in the N.GA. mountains a couple of times.
It had to go right by my open bedroom door (just a screen as a barrier!). They make considerably more noise than a possum or stray cat .

Started leaving a little glass in that hole after one confrontation. BTW a black bear won't hesitate jumping off a six foot deck if startled.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
I understand a woman in Alabama has written a guide to get rid if it but I don't really want to kill it. Smile

DAMN, I'm slow. Probably scanned by this a half-dozen times and the dime just now dropped...

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bear gets mine from time to time, too. And the deer lick it until its empty.
Recently, a horde of Chickadees are wearing it out.
And the Alabama lady's book was made into a movie!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
A bear gets mine from time to time, too. And the deer lick it until its empty.
Recently, a horde of Chickadees are wearing it out.
And the Alabama lady's book was made into a movie!

Gary Cooper or Gregory Peck. I get those two confused a lot.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:

Buh, bump, bump, crish!

Groan.

Razz

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
No mockingbirds hogging my birdfeeders, just 500 pine siskins

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I had the pine siskins two years ago. They moved on and didn't return. Apparently they show up some years and not others. Perhaps yours will move on eventually.

Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
In Western NY we gave up on bird feeders. The black bears would jerk them down and rip them apart.

They also loved those pressed seed/suet/fat hanging things. Yogi would rip 'em down and walk around eating them like popsickles.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
our squirrels just come to the back door and ask for there morning walnuts, this one is so friendly it comes right it takes the walnuts and heads back out. the cat use to go crazy but now he could care less. looks like I need to repaint the door.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Put up a hummingbird feeder.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
We take our bird feeders down every evening and store them in a critter proof box overnight. Raccoons are the main culprits that destroy feeders in our neck of the woods. While it's somewhat of a bother, that system has worked out fine for us.

We don't really have any birds that dominate the feeders. We have had some starlings pass through and briefly stop by but the Blue Jays and Red Bellied Woodpeckers run them off.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Smile Big Grin

Monkey, you could have taken that picture on my front stoop. Got a little red squirrel that gets pissy at me if I don't put the seed out at the crack of dawn.

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I lost my nice, 2 foot long double sided grill brush to a possum.

It's the middle of winter here but did a nice rib eye on the BGE. Later when I was locking the doors I hit the flood lights to see what was going on outside and opened the slider.
"Nothing out here but us possum."
So I went to bed and the next day my grill brush was gone.
Maybe I'll find it in spring after the thaw.
As much as hate them, I hope he didn't eat any of the wires.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
I lost my nice, 2 foot long double sided grill brush to a possum.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post