SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You can never go home again
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You can never go home again Login/Join 
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Born and raised in Detroit, nuff said. Moved to the great state of Texas in 91.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grew up in suburban NJ. It was a nice place, nice time, upper middle class. Went Navy, went to college and then went back to see the old home. Completely gone. Leveled. Hole in the ground. Purchased by next owner for the lot.

Nope. You can't go home.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Orlando's population was 50,000 when I grew up there. Natives refer to the city as the big zero.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania. Nice quiet little city before Hurricane Agnes came to town in 1972 and rearranged everything. The drug culture set in afterward and fuck up what was left.

My complete neighborhood is gone. Most of the city remains a mess.

I visited WB a few times in later years and saw nothing of importance, so I moved on.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
We looked at moving back to Cols, OH. I grew up in Columbus and she grew up in Mentor.

I think about it, but there is nothing left for me there. So much has changed, it has grown and I really don't speak with the crew I run around with.

Plus my sister moved to outside of St.
Petersburg, FL and pretty soon my parents will be moving to their place a couple of miles from The Villages.

Now, I can see my home being in Ocala, Lakeland, or the outskirts of Tampa.

My sister and cousin live in Mentor. You couldnt pay me to live there. Largest school system in Ohio. The traffic is horrendous. Wall to wall strip malls and all the trash it attracts.

We live down in Hudson and absolutely love it!!!

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post