SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The most ridiculous Trash service ever!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The most ridiculous Trash service ever! Login/Join 
posted
At my Apartments we pay an extra charge per month for a trash service to come by 5 days a week and pick up trash bags we leave out the front door. They will write you up and try to fine you $75 if you don't put them EXACTLY in the provided trash cans. Once they missed a day because it rained and I had 3 bags. I put one in the can, one on that and one on the side and they wrote me up and tried to fine me $75!! I raised a bit of hell and they rescinded the fine. But check this out, they haven't picked up my trash for 2 days now:

https://ring.com/share/6494048812785023192

The idiot actually takes my bag out of the can and instead of carrying it off takes note of my number to write me up or something!!!!

Day 2:

https://ring.com/share/6494415418308507864

I wrote an Email to management to see what this fools malfunction is, asked if I didn't tie a pretty enough bow or what. We'll see what they say. Thank goodness for the RING doorbell that shows what a idiot that guy is!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had that crap at my condo years ago. People would just put leaking bags of garbage out on the common hallways, leaking all over the floor, cats got into it, what a mess.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'd be pissed too if I were you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you need to dispose of it yourself. Then with your video evidence, present them a fine of $75 for failure to perform the services you have contracted them to do.

Two can play that game.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who do you think you are, a customer or something?

My trash service is government provided (for a mandated fee.) I feel ya.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Since you were fined your acct is probably suspended until its resolved.

You resolved the mater but it probably hasn't been corrected with the trash pick-up guy yet so his info is telling him not to pick your trash up until its showing resolved on his end.

Call again and address the issue with them.

He's probably just doing his job and the person you resolved the fine dispute with dropped the ball or their system hasn't been updated.

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never paid a fine. The apartment manager - who is extremely nice took it off. I've sent the video's off to management for them to see what they can do.

I've asked before if the trash service can be fined for not doing their job but of course they won't consider that.

I'm hoping that the video of the guy taking it out and putting it back in shows clearly to the trash company how ridiculous they are.........dj

posted Hide Post
I just got an email back from my Apt manager. She said that they said the back was overweight and possibly leaking and to make sure that my bags weighed less than 20lbs.

LOL, you can see in the video the guy easily picked it up with one hand and it wasn't leaking. I asked her to name ONE other person that actually weighs kitchen trash before they put it in the can and said that unless it was full of lead they really should just pick it up.

On my digital scale it weighed 12.6lbs!

posted Hide Post
I despised valet trash service when I had it in my apartment. The exact same crap you're dealing with. They would not pickup some nights, nights they were supposed to mind you, and the raccoons would spread the trash all over the place. After cleaning it up once, I went and told the manager moving forward they had 2 options. Take me off of valet trash and I will happily dispose of it in the big dumpster myself or any trash that was not picked up by them and ripped apart by raccoons would be the apartments responsibility. I watched the maintenance guys clean up several bags of trash over the next couple of weeks and then poof, Valet Trash was booted out of our complex. It's a revenue stream for the apartments, that's why they do it, but from the conversation I had with one of the maintenance guys, they were all threatening to quit if they had to keep picking up bags of trash that were ripped apart daily.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you contractually have to utilize this shitty service?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's part of the deal with these Apts. The large trash bins are a bit far away. I really don't mind the monthly charge to have them pick it up. I just want them to simply do the job they are supposed to!

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ugh, apartment living. Don't miss it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Ugh, apartment living. Don't miss it.

I miss my house but not as much as I DON'T miss my EX still living in it!! :-D

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
At my Apartments we pay an extra charge per month for a trash service to come by 5 days a week and pick up trash bags we leave out the front door. They will write you up and try to fine you $75 if you don't put them EXACTLY in the provided trash cans. Once they missed a day because it rained and I had 3 bags. I put one in the can, one on that and one on the side and they wrote me up and tried to fine me $75!! I raised a bit of hell and they rescinded the fine. But check this out, they haven't picked up my trash for 2 days now:

I wrote an Email to management to see what this fools malfunction is, asked if I didn't tie a pretty enough bow or what. We'll see what they say. Thank goodness for the RING doorbell that shows what a idiot that guy is!

Some high level job skills going on there............

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I buy leak proof garbage bags and I walk the filled trash bags to the dumpster 40 yards away.

Don't need to pay someone to do this.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
On my digital scale it weighed 12.6lbs!

Put on scale. Take picture. Email picture.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I really don't think I'd enjoy living in a building that had the hallways lined with trash bags.

Here we bring them to the recycling center. Works for me and the town saves a bundle. Of course some transplants will bitch and demand trash pickups. Of course they will be the first to complain about the tax increase. Our current system costs little to operate. They don't seem to get the fact that a large garbage truck is not going up some of the smaller roads, some unpaved to pick up trash.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
No trash shoots?

I don't understand these services, I've seen it before. Looked stupid having hallways lined with trash.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post