SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    H.S. Pys Ed now online
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H.S. Pys Ed now online Login/Join 
posted
Grandkid informed me that they can take Physical Education in High School online. Great for those afraid of dodge ball

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good grief. No confrontations with coaches, having to shower with other guys, wonderful. When will the Marine Corps be offering the same for basic???
Maybe they will use this video:

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PE or Health? Around here, that’s two separate classes, and Health can be done online. PE is in school, it you can take it in the summer. Saves an elective slot in the regular school year.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Chicken Fat veteran. As soon as see any Robert Preston movie I flash back.
And I dont think you can Chicken Fat online.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’d imagine it’s just the academic portion.

I.e. game rules, health, etc...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d imagine it’s just the academic portion.

I.e. game rules, health, etc...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We never had academics in PE. I guess that has changed. It was frankly pretty hard core with lots of calisthenics. Marine vets taught most of the classes. PE had different rules. You were allowed to settle scores with other students with permission of course. Dodge ball or Bombardment with large red rubber balls was a staple. The coaches threw the kids around a bit when they acted up. Much different than today.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My high school had boxing basketball, boxing gloves on your weak hand, whenever the boys started getting restless or loose about the rules while in gym class. Of course this was the 60's! Razz

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
We never had academics in PE. I guess that has changed. It was frankly pretty hard core with lots of calisthenics. Marine vets taught most of the classes. PE had different rules. You were allowed to settle scores with other students with permission of course. Dodge ball or Bombardment with large red rubber balls was a staple. The coaches threw the kids around a bit when they acted up. Much different than today.

In my PE class in Junior High I was plowed down by a large kid when playing shortstop and reaching across the baseline to catch a ball coming in from the outfield. He jammed his knee into my back and I collapsed on the field. All I heard from across the field was Mr Morgan (PE Coach) yelling that if I was faking it I would be running laps. After getting me up and into the office. It was later determined at the hospital I was bleeding internally and lost my right kidney...Man they were a tough crowd back then Smile

FINALLY TURNED OFF AUTO-CORRECT FUNCTION!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I broke my wrist playing touch football in 8th grade PE. The school just called Mom to take me to the hospital. Nowadays there would be lawsuits and outcries for banning the game, sanctions on the teacher/coach... Roll Eyes

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
This is nothing new. My sister graduated HS in the 1990s and got her PE credit out of the way by taking PE via collegiate correspondence course. I believe she took a course on Bowling specifically.

Only difference I see now is email vs snail mail.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
My daughter gets a waiver from her high school PE classes because of her competing in archery. Fairly common in the Phoenix area for kids to get waivers if they're involved in some sort of organized sport outside of school. I'm fine with it, opens up another slot for her to take an additional class.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
My high school had boxing basketball, boxing gloves on your weak hand, whenever the boys started getting restless or loose about the rules while in gym class. Of course this was the 60's! Razz

We had "war games"...half the class on a wrestling mat, the other half circled around, when the whistle blew all hell broke loose with the objective being for the outer group to remove the inner group as quickly and as violently as possible...it was great fun!

Fast forward to a few years ago, my daughter literally had "cup stacking" as a PE activity

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post