SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mission Bows - Unpleasant Warranty Experience on an Expensive Crossbow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mission Bows - Unpleasant Warranty Experience on an Expensive Crossbow Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted
The website says: LEGENDARY SUPPORT IS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY

In August 2018 I purchased a Mission Sub-1 crossbow. I’ve only shot it a few times (things got unexpectedly busy during hunting season). I also purchased the cocking device. Neither are inexpensive; the retail on the bow is $1,499.99 and the cocking device is $189.99.

The handle on the cocking device is removable. Push a spring loaded pin to install or remove the handle.

The day before yesterday I picked up the handle for the cocking device and it fell apart. There is small retaining clip on the pin that has fallen off. If there are two springs on the device, then one of the springs is also missing.

I figure this will be an easy fix with a simple call. I went to the Mission webpage and click on the warrant option. It says: ”LEGENDARY SUPPORT IS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY” and gave a phone number. Called that number but got a voice mail. Got a call back in just a few minutes. So far, I’m impressed thinking this will be smooth…..

I explain the issue. In a condescending tone, the Mission person tells me the pins are designed to break apart if I put inappropriate pressure on the device.

I said – the crank was in my backpack. When I put it there it was fine. When I took it out it was broken. (There is a small retaining clip on the bottom that dropped off.)

Again the condescending tone – he says I “have to go through my local dealer.”

I couldn’t resist. I said “I’m looking at your website which says LEGENDARY SUPPORT and I have to drive across town to a dealer.” He says “that’s how it’s always been since xxxx” He tossed out a date but I don’t remember what he said.

If being scolded by the warranty people (thinking I’d used the device incorrectly) and told to call my dealer is certainly “Legendary Service” I’d certainly hate to know what average service looks like.

The store opens in 30 minutes. Hopefully it will be fixed without additional hassle

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Nothing says I love you like certified mail.

I would spend the $5 bucks to write a certified letter (certified because then someone important will open it) and complain about the poor customer service.

Every company has problem employees. Maybe theirs is the customer support rep and they've been looking for a good reason to can him.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

I would spend the $5 bucks to write a certified letter (certified because then someone important will open it) and complain about the poor customer service.

Every company has problem employees. Maybe theirs is the customer support rep and they've been looking for a good reason to can him.

^^ This and/or share your story on social media. Most brands have a dedicated social media team and they go into panic mode when they see a legitimate complaint will go into overdrive to get you off the radar

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

^^ This and/or share your story on social media. Most brands have a dedicated social media team and they go into panic mode when they see a legitimate complaint will go into overdrive to get you off the radar

Add the date and time you called. If they record CS calls; maybe management can pinpoint the employee.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
good suggestions.

Tried to post on their Facebook page. For unknown reasons, would not accept the the post. Was able to leave comments in the "recommend" section. I'll do the letter thing later this week. Will be traveling for business the next few days.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Go on face book and write about this.
Many times I've gotten the attention I needed from doing that.
They don't want bad publicity on social media.
https://m.facebook.com/mission...tent_filter&mt_nav=0
I see where a guy complained and they came on right away wanting to solve his issue.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
Go on face book and write about this.
Many times I've gotten the attention I needed from doing that.
They don't want bad publicity on social media.
https://m.facebook.com/mission...tent_filter&mt_nav=0
I see where a guy complained and they came on right away wanting to solve his issue.

I don’t use FB but have had similar results using Twitter. Last year I ran into a customer service rep with attitude. Rather than get into with the jerk, I ended the call and then related it on their Twitter feed. Within a couple of hours someone resolved the issue and gave me a significant discount on my next purchase.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"Legendary" doesn't mean good. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, we're all talking about their CS, so that's kinda legendary, right?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I don’t use FB but have had similar results using Twitter. Last year I ran into a customer service rep with attitude. Rather than get into with the jerk, I ended the call and then related it on their Twitter feed. Within a couple of hours someone resolved the issue and gave me a significant discount on my next purchase.

We had a billing issue with a hospital - they were billing us for something that was already paid in full. After 2 or 3 calls to try to resolve and the last one saying we would just have to pay it (again), I tweeted about it and tagged the hospital. Within 30 minutes I had a direct message begging me for a phone number to contact me at. Someone from corporate called immediately and apologized for the error and fixed it immediately.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post