SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sick kids out in public!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sick kids out in public! Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
WHY do people take their contagious little petri dishes out in public? Not talking a kid with the sniffles...Talking runny nose, sneezing all over the place...wet coughs.

Did a gun show this weekend and both exhibitors on either side of me noticed the same thing. "What's with ALL the sick kids"?

Had several kids coughing and sneezing...NOT covering their yaps. And yesterday...START of a cold...Today, full blown cold.

God almighty but people DO piss me off.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
All kids are disease carrying vermin.

Just when I thought I'd get out from under that hammer my wife began working at a high school.

I've been sick more the past year than I had the last 30.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Mine were sick all summer from the lazy assed Aunt bringing over her disease ridden pests.

I actually quarantined ours for the last 4 weeks, to get somewhat healthy before school.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neighbor has one in day care. Every couple of weeks kid brings home a new germ and passes it on to Mom.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
My first class of the day today, 26 students. Went through 2 boxes of tissues. Coughing, sneezing, stay home and get better instead of letting everyone around you get sick.
Last year, a student said we're out of tissues, I told him see the custodian. Student came back with 12 boxes. Hand sanitizer in every room, tissues, what's next Aides to wipe your nose?

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sick kids out in public!

Nothing I can't stand more than screaming little kids in a restaurant (or in public in general). Mad

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Plague Rats are less dangerous and contagious then runny-nose kids. And that’s why you should NOT take sick grandkids to see Granny unless you want to put her in the hospital or worse. Frown

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Sick kids out in public!

Nothing I can't stand more than screaming little kids in a restaurant (or in public in general). Mad

Or when they run on your lawn! Little bastards!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Why aren’t face masks common in the US?

Either as a courtesy when one is sick or when one is trying not to catch something when around others who are?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
With our youngest we used a daycare facility near our offices for a year or two. I'm told that by law they have to post the diseases/infections/funk that any kid there was diagnosed with at the entrance-

Each morning the sign would list things like "pink eye", "ringworm", "Strep", "Influenza", "Pneumonia"... it was scary.
And naturally you had that one kid who was brought in daily with green mucus running out of his nose, touching everything.

It was a constant cycle of kids getting sick.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When ours was little, the least little cold, she would stay home.

But no, these other idiot parents, they would send there kids to school with fevers! They would come to the house, kids go running then they tell us little suzie has been sick and running a low fever, but "nothing serious", or "threw up all last night, but better now". Fuck you, keep your sick kid home!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife has a friend that used to care for her out-to-lunch daughter's kids. Every time my wife would spend time over there she'd come down with something. I finally told her to stay the hell away from that woman's home.

The courts since took the kids away from irresponsible daughter and packed 'em off to dad, out in California, but it's no better, because alcoholic husband turned himself into a cripple with brain damage by falling down the stairs in a drunken stupor one evening. So now they need to spend countless hours in doctors offices' waiting rooms full of airborne germs.

I've told my wife to continue staying the hell away from that woman.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It helps if you have the perspective of building your immunity. There is a reason that pediatricians are generally not sick. Of course during their residency they were sick most of the time. It is not that hard to teach children proper hygiene. Of course infants and toddlers are in the learning process. Much of this is a parenting issue.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
All kids are disease carrying vermin.

Just when I thought I'd get out from under that hammer my wife began working at a high school.

I've been sick more the past year than I had the last 30.

This. For the past several years, Ive not been around people, and have been healthy for the most part.

Kids are starting school the past two years now. Non-stop colds, sore throats, runny noses now. Kids are disgusting little things with no sense of hygiene. The teachers are always sick too I'm noticing.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I know, right?!

I'd eat my kids if it wasn't generally frowned upon in our culture. Mad

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I read recently that even kids have low vitamin D3 levels. It is the most important nutritional supplement you can take due not only for a strong immune system but other anti-aging and health issues like cancer.

http://www.lifeextension.com/M...sion-Members/Page-02

What ticks me off is the kids playing in the food at the Asian Market. Running their hands through the loose peanuts and other items on display. Mad

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those darn kids and their poor hygiene. Oh wait how is their poor hygiene making you sick Wink

Wash your hands you filthy animals.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I, think, too, sometimes people have no choice. They might be a single parent who can’t afford a sitter and have to get to the grocery store to get food, etc.

You sure the heck can’t leave Johnny in the car these days, and God forbid you leave him home alone.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
My kid goes more than 5 steps and its, your butt better walk back this way. After the third time telling him he gets a swat. And like a proper parent I place him in the buggy when at stores that have them.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pushing a cart around the grocery, a lady sneezed right into my cart. Din't even attempt to cover.

I just pushed it over to her and said "Your's now" and started over.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post