SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cant find my cordless drill UPDATE: FOUND IT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cant find my cordless drill UPDATE: FOUND IT Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I needed to re-mount the TP holder in the main bathroom, so I started looking for the electronic stud finder. Went through the garage twice, all the interior storage drawers and cabinets... You know the drill.

Finally convinced myself to go get a new one to insure that the old one would turn up, went to Lowe's, came home and drilled the TP holder into the stud. When I went to get a tiny allen wrench from my roll-away to tighten the holder, sure enough there was the original stud finder. Just proved the rule once again.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished the railing project yesterday and the drill had yet to reappear.

The new drill has arrived today.

The box top is stickered shut. I know the minute I cut that tab I'm going to find the new drill. I'm going to try to see how long I can go before opening the new drill.

Im going to wait to see how long I can go without opening the new box.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Occasionally I/'ve realized that what I was seeking was actually in plain sight. Then I realized it was just a difficult angle to see it.

So you might take a bright flashlight and try searching high and low (literally), side to side, get way down, get way up, and maybe it might help.

Good luck to you.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Broke down and opened/used the new drill. The old one has yet to return. That thing must be lost good, real good.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
did you check the bushes below the porch rail Probably hanging in one of those. LOL

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
In 1975 my dad and I built a 2,600 ft ranch style house for a nice guy named Jessie. He died several years ago and four years ago I bought the house from his estate and we moved in. I swear I can't keep up with or find ANYTHING here. Even if I just sat it down 30 seconds ago and just turned around it will be gone. Next day I will find it in a place I looked for it at least 3 times. Mad

It can't be me getting older... So I blame Jessie. So now I talk to him, nicely, ask him to quit screwing with me or what did you do with my screwdriver Jessie etc... seems to help... I DON'T cuss or talk ugly to him and sometimes even ask for his help or thank him if something goes better then expected. I fear pissing him off and him subsequently taking it from good natured messing with me to something much worse! Big Grin

LOL! the look my wife gives me is priceless when I reply "Jessie" if she hears me talking and ask who I am talking to.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be damn. Found my drill today. I was rearranging some things in the shed and there it was, on top of the pressure washer. Looking at it now its clear as day. I don't know how I missed it. I'm my defense the drill and pressure washer are both red and black.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I'm my defense the drill and pressure washer are both red and black.

See, there you go. I'd just say I'm old.
Anyway, congratulations. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8325 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's usually the way it works... right in front of you or in one of your pockets.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gpbst3:
I'm hoping I did not throw it away. I was putting the old vinyl railing parts in a garbage bag. I dont see how I could mix up a red drill and white vinyl.

^^
A few years ago my son borrowed 1000.00 cash from me. He returned it unused. When I went to put it back in the safe I could not for the life of me find it. Searched house for a few days still no luck.
On trash day, I thought I should look through the containers. Yep, there it was, paper money in the recycler bin. I must have had it in my hands when I was throwing other stuff away. I was very lucky on this one!

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Some things I can never seem to keep are pens, small Vise-Grips and sunglasses. I am also down to my last car key (of the three that came with it). This is a key that has to be programmed, too.

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm relieved I'm not the only one. A month or so back I lost an AR chamber brush & rod, but I only discovered the loss when I had two just fired ARs ready for cleaning. Ever try cleaning a chamber with a brush and pliers??

I ordered a new one from Brownells and naturally got a few other items I do not need but will in a few years. And then, of course...I FOUND THE LOST ROD & BRUSH!

Someone will benefit, not just Brownells: In a few weeks I'm attending a dinner with several LEO pals and I will donate the NIW set as a door prize.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
My question is how long do I wait before I buy a new one. I know the old one will show the minute I buy one.

It's always wise to wait.
I usually don't have the patience.
It's how I ended up with (4) Streamlight PolyStinger Flashlights. Frown

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it's better than my recent drill situation. Someone took my Dewalt 20v Liion bag out of my truck with drill, impact driver, battery, charger, etc. Not sure exactly where it was taken out of my Expedition, but they also took my EPIRB (emergency locating beacon in case your boat sinks or airplane crashes into the water, that sends out a signal to the world) unbeknownst to me. I had my EPIRB in my truck because the battery expired 2017 and I was going to have it recertified but the authorized place wanted $170 and a new one is just under $300 so I decided not to recertify it and just buy a new one when I need one. Most of the yachts I run have an EPIRB.

I'm on a yacht trip in the middle of nowhere in the Bahamas (Staniel Cay) on a very active 9 day trip, managing a mate, and keeping up with 6 very busy guests and all of their activities and I get a phone call from air search and rescue asking about my EPIRB because it was activated...…. then I get a call from the local police 10 minutes later...….then a call from the US coast guard...….all telling them that it must be a false alarm and activated on it's own...…..the same routine happens again the following night at 10 pm......so I get back and find my EPIRB that was floating around on my back seat is gone and so is my Dewalt toolbag. Not sure exactly where it happened, either at a restaurant Valet a day or two before or at the actual house where the 66' yacht rents the dock and is kept that had landscapers working.....as I was carrying luggage and stuff to the boat from my vehicle (a few trips) before the door was locked......the EPIRB was no loss financially as I was going to buy a newer smaller one...…..but the Dewalt stuff and the activation of the EPIRB and the 4 phone calls a night while I'm at dinner with owners or with them was...…..I thought the battery just shorted out and it activated on it's own...……..DAMN THIEVES.

You could always gift the new drill to one of your kids or something I guess...…..at least you have the old one!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hey that’s ok.

I often use 2 cordless drills at the same time. One will have a drill bit in it, the other cordless drill will have a driver bit in it for running screws.

I find this way is quicker and easier than only having one drill and constantly changing back and forth from drill bit to bit driver.

BTW I gave away all my Phillips driver bits and now only buy the Torx head screws. The Torx don’t cam out and get ruined so quickly. I’ve never ruined or worn out a Torx bit...yet.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Hey that’s ok.

I often use 2 cordless drills at the same time. One will have a drill bit in it, the other cordless drill will have a driver bit in it for running screws.

I find this way is quicker and easier...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ Hey Mister Monkey Man.......bwahahahaha giggle snort and guffaw.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I'll be damn. Found my drill today. I was rearranging some things in the shed and there it was, on top of the pressure washer. Looking at it now its clear as day. I don't know how I missed it. I'm my defense the drill and pressure washer are both red and black.

I've had this happen multiple times over the years and have determined it is aliens messing with us. They do it just to watch us and see how we react.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlieSW:
I needed to re-mount the TP holder in the main bathroom, so I started looking for the electronic stud finder. Went through the garage twice, all the interior storage drawers and cabinets... You know the drill.

Finally convinced myself to go get a new one to insure that the old one would turn up, went to Lowe's, came home and drilled the TP holder into the stud. When I went to get a tiny allen wrench from my roll-away to tighten the holder, sure enough there was the original stud finder. Just proved the rule once again.

When I told this story to one of my buddies, he said "Oh yeah, I have THREE stud-finders!"

Maybe what we need is a stud-finder-finder...

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Well, it's a good thing you bought that new one. Otherwise, you would never have found the old one. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post