SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cant find my cordless drill UPDATE: FOUND IT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cant find my cordless drill UPDATE: FOUND IT Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
If you're like me, you probably set it down in some obscure place where it doesn't belong, won't see it again for four months, and when you do you'll be in the middle of doing something else, leave it there, promptly forget about, and it'll be lost for another four months. I'd blame it on aging, but I'm only 34...

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is just an excuse to buy a new tool.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You sound like a candidate for The Tick , by Milwaukee. It's a Bluetooth tool tracker.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:

I wish. This is literally replacing what I already owned. I had my eye on the cordless multi tool. That purchase will have to wait for a while.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently found a Milwaukee drill on a jobsite . I don't think it's yours though .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I've got no comment or suggestion.

Well, except for the fact I own around 15 ordinary hammers, cuz I can never find one so I go buy another.

Hanging pegboard and hooks is helping a lot.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:

I wish. This is literally replacing what I already owned. I had my eye on the cordless multi tool. That purchase will have to wait for a while.

Longer you take to buy a new one, the longer it'll take for the old to show up. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Have a few misplaced items. Nothing aggravates me more then knowing I have something which I can't locate!

Like the 1/4" hex to 1/2" square drive adapter. Misplaced for a few yrs now. Haven't really needed it and refuse to purchase a new one, as then it will show up.
Had it been the 1/4 drive or 3/8 drive adapter, I'd have had to buy another one, as I use them all the time.

I keep saying it will show up one day.

And wouldn't you know it, I just broke the 3/8" drive adapter tonight.
So much for holding out on buying a new kit.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Day 16 since the last confirmed sighting. Im pretty convinced the drill is not inside my house. It could only be in the basement or garage and both were well searched.

I found the replacement drill on Amazon for $79. Or do I upgrade to the Fuel brushless model for $40 more?

Of course Im still out a battery which is a $59 replacement. I dont really need the 3rd battery but it was a nice bonus.

SCREW IT. Literally. I just ordered the the Fuel brushless.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Now you have taken the appropriate step to locate the old one! Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:

So here is my master plan, im trying to game the system. I ordered the new drill to find the old one but here is the twist. I borrowed another drill from a buddy to finish the project. If the world crumbles in the next week, it's my fault for angering the gods.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I've got no comment or suggestion.

Well, except for the fact I own around 15 ordinary hammers, cuz I can never find one so I go buy another.

Hanging pegboard and hooks is helping a lot.

Same reason I have 4-5 tape measures

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tape measures and vice grips. I finally gave up searching for them and bought 4-5 of each. Left one everywhere I usually needed one.

They've mostly migrated to one spot now.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One can never have too many tape measures!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

SCREW IT. Literally. I just ordered the the Fuel brushless.

You will like the Fuel tool. All of mine are brushless.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Removed the antennae from my truck to save it from auto carwash damage. Put it in a safe place, where it wouldn't get bent. Haven't seen it since.

Amazon box arrives yesterday with new antennae. Currently waiting with anticipation for the old one to emerge from hiding!!

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
One can never have too many tape measures!

Some years ago, I ran across a Starrett close-out of small, red pocket sized 25ft tapes, with both metric and inch/foot markings. I bought a case of 10 at the close-out price, and still have a couple stashed that have not been deployed. The others are scattered around the house, garage, vehicles, etc. They're not ideal for real tape measure work (the tape is 1/2" wide), but when you need one quickly I have them at hand. I gave a few to my wife, and she has them scattered the same way.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I lost my Leatherman Wave that I used at work constantly. Figured the most likely place it might have fallenout was in the car because of the way my pockets pointed. So of course I checked under the car seats very carefully. Didn't find it, and it didn't show up elsewhere. So broke down and ordered a new one.

The day after it arrived, I found the original. Under the car seat where I had checked at least twice. Damn tool goblins.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Years ago, when I had a small business, I brought my bank deposit bag home with me because it was too late to go to the bank. It contained roughly $5K in cash.

I decided to stash it away overnight.

Took a month to find it.

I finally found it when I needed to use the microwave. Eek

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:

So here is my master plan, im trying to game the system. I ordered the new drill to find the old one but here is the twist. I borrowed another drill from a buddy to finish the project. If the world crumbles in the next week, it's my fault for angering the gods.

Good plan!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post