SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cant find my cordless drill UPDATE: FOUND IT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cant find my cordless drill UPDATE: FOUND IT Login/Join 
posted
I last used my 1 yr old Milwaukee M18 drill a week and a half ago when I took down the old front porch railing.

Checked everywhere and I cant find the sucker. Pisses me off. I'm down a battery now too.

I even went so far to review the video from my Ring doorbell. I think I can see it under my arm when I take stuff into the garage.

My question is how long do I wait before I buy a new one. I know the old one will show the minute I buy one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gpbst3,

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:

My question is how long do I wait before I buy a new one. I know the old one will show the minute I buy one.

I just did that last weekend with a hammer.
Damn if I didn't get home from the hardware store and find the hammer I thought I lost.
I waited a day. I also blamed the dog for hiding my hammer.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I lost an 8mm socket from my US made Craftsman set recently. I made it one day before I ordered a replacement on Ebay. I couldn't stand knowing one was missing from my otherwise complete set.

I'd wait a bit on an expensive drill though. At least a month!

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
We lost (lost!) a whole Shark Cordless Vacuum.

The pet dander version:

I blamed the cats, but they're not talking.

Searched for days and eventually bought a replacement, the other one must have been taken by the sock and tool gnomes to their secret lair.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
NEVER happens to me. LOL -

Ok.... twice this month and it's just the 8th. Luckily, they were small (under $25 type items) and I found one before I purchased the replacement.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I lost a Beretta 92 compact for about 18 months after a move. Wife found it right where I left it in the guest bedroom inside a mini safe

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
There's gotta be someone else living in my house, because nothing ever seems to be where I just set it down....

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I "lose" stuff all the time like that. I've found it usually happens when I have the thing in hand, go to look for something else, or get distracted into taking care of something else, absent-mindedly lay the thing down somewhere, then carry on to yet something else.

Drives. Me. Nuts.

I love it when I'm working on something, a tool in my hands, and find I need another tool. Do I lay the tool I have in hand down where I am? Of course not! I take it with me while I go to fetch the other thing. Then lay the tool I had down, fetch the other thing, get back to my work site, then wonder where the tool I had went

And, or course, since I laid the tool I originally had down somewhere absent-mindedly, I really don't know where it is. Sometimes I find them in the oddest places.

Then there's the tool I go looking for, an image of what it looks like in mind, and cannot find it. Only to find it later and discover what I was looking for does not look like what I'd thought it did, which is why I did not find it.

One day I had the above happen to me, it was a prick punch, and said "I am not going through this again." Got in the car, went down to the hardware store and bought another. When I finished with it I went to put it in a specific spot in my toolbox... right next to the one I earlier could not find.

The best, though, is times like what happened a few weeks ago. Couldn't find the tool I'd just had. Cussing, swearing, pissed-off and my wife asks "What are you looking for?" "I'm looking for <thing>," I tell her. "Like that?" she asks, pointing to the floor right in front of me!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
You didn't put it on the bumper of your truck like the guy who did the same with his 36mm wrench before the wife took the truck to get ice? I know that guy regrets his loss. Mad Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Ask someone else to look for it.

I suppose I'd wait until the day comes where I have to have a drill or my chores will not get done and I can't put off that chore any more without problems arising :-)

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an excellent pair of Zeiss mini binocs that sit on my dresser awaitng use.
They disappeared and I tore the house apart looking for them. I had last used them in Presque Isle Park and thought I lost them there.
I considered making an insurance claim, since replacing them is $$$.
Then I had a loose bolt on the headboard of my bed and when I removed the mattress and box springs, there were the binocs! With tiny teeth marks on the neck strap.
My cat stole them!
Do you have a cat?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Order a new one via Amazon immediately. That way, when it arrives and your old one returns from fighting crime, you’ll be able to easily return the new one to Amazon.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's a tool it's a pretty clear thing that one of your kids took it and used it somewhere.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Lost a mag for my P938, been gone maybe 4 years, pulled out the dresser in my closet a few weeks ago to look for something and there it was, along with the dust bunnies and other assorted items...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Catholics, in the know, say a prayer to St. Anthony, patron saint of lost things. When we all shopped downtown, my mother would pray to him to find her a parking space, on the theory that the space was lost and needed to be found. Don't laugh until you've tried him. You might be surprised.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping I did not throw it away. I was putting the old vinyl railing parts in a garbage bag. I dont see how I could mix up a red drill and white vinyl.

I'm thinking of of trying a psychic medium.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I take the bus to work and enjoy looking out the window and daydreaming my way to work. In August I noticed a cordless drill sitting on the outside of a window sill at a church on the bus route. I would think about sending an email to the church then, in my typical fashion, forget about it when work nonsense intervened. It sat there for about a month then was gone. I hope someone from the church found it.

I identified since I can, and have, looked for a wrench only to find it is may back pocket. about a 1/2 hour later.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a few misplaced items. Nothing aggravates me more then knowing I have something which I can't locate!

Like the 1/4" hex to 1/2" square drive adapter. Misplaced for a few yrs now. Haven't really needed it and refuse to purchase a new one, as then it will show up.
Had it been the 1/4 drive or 3/8 drive adapter, I'd have had to buy another one, as I use them all the time.

I keep saying it will show up one day.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
It went wherever my good pair of Felco pruning shears went. Mad

I once lost the brazing tip to my torch set. Looked for it off and on for over a year.

One day I spilled some oil on my garage floor, went and scooped a coffee can full of oil dry out of the barrel I keep it in...along with my torch tip...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
see, if you would have purchased a corded one, you could just check all the outlets for a cord and then follow the cord too the drill.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post