SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    This is why I can’t have nice knives!!!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is why I can’t have nice knives!!!!!! Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Found it!
Guess when I swapped clothes after mowing it slid under a book on my shelf.

Glad it turned up. My son has *lost* and then found his Benchmade more times than I can count.

I love my Benchmade Barrage, but worry about losing it and so end up leaving it home rather than putting it in my pocket.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Glad you found it before you bought another.
My daughter has lost one knife, a CRKT My Tighe. She replaced it with a Leek which she likes better anyway.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I go the other way. I buy more expensive items and I make sure I don't lose them.

I still have my first Montblanc pen I bought over 25 years ago.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Part of the reason I’ve stuck with Emerson - their pocket clips are tight like a bank vault.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
Leek blems

A little cheaper...since you keep losing them..

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Been lucky I guess, I have never lost a wallet or a set of keys or a pocket knife, but I have never owned an expensive pocket either. I beat the crap out of my knives and have broken a blade on occasion but if the clip on my knife is not tight enough I just remove it and bend it a little and reinstall it.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Can’t say I really loose all that many knives. Well, not for long anyway. Sure they wander off every once in a while, but I usually find them pretty quick. I think part of that is that my favorite knife is the Benchmade 940 and it ain’t cheap to replace. The idea of dropping another $200 because I didn’t look hard enough has been good motivation to find my knife when it does wander off! I’ve gone through a variety of knives over the years through wear, breakage, or just plain finding something better, but I almost never outright loose them.

My wife, however loses enough for both of us! I think her record was getting a brand new knife from me as a gift and losing it within three days!...and she loses them good. It’s like she keeps a black hole in her pocket.

- Bret

Posts: 2465 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
My Kershaw Leek is not clipped to my pocket. Crap, I know for a fact I swapped it to my jeans after I got done mowing the grass.
Grrrrrrrrr!

You'll find the Leek as soon as you buy/order a new one.

I have three Kershaw Grid knives because I keep losing one and as soon as I acquire a new one I find the old one. Last time it happened my wife and I tore the house and car apart looking for it while laughing and swearing we'd find it when I bought a new one. Finally, on Sunday night (after searching for three days) I broke down and ordered a new one off of Amazon and fifteen minutes later I found the original clipped to my laptop bag because the shoulder strap had somehow slipped under the pocket clip. I decided not to cancel the order with Amazon fearing that I would immediately lose my newly located knife due to some twisted karma.

Edi: I missed your follow-up post about finding the missing Leek. Glad you found it.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
1) Buy an expensive knife. You'll stop losing it. Same with expensive pens, flashlights, and sunglasses.

2) Adjust the pocket clip as part of regular maintenance. I check/strop/ceramic rod the edge, wipe down the blade (rubbing alcohol), and swab out the inside each morning after selecting my knife for the day. If the clip is loose, I adjust it. I also wipe down my phone with a rag and rubbing alcohol.

3) Develop systems. Certain things live in certain places. Knife in the pocket, or on the dresser. If you hand the knife to a person, hover over them until you get it back. If the knife sits in the same spot every day, you also stop bumping into things with it.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
That's the truth, I tell my customers my CRKT's's for sale have a lifetime warranty..... if you could only keep it for your lifetime! Big Grin

I've lost one the very first day I carried it!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post