SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    This is why I can’t have nice knives!!!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is why I can’t have nice knives!!!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I would like to carry a nice pocket knife I really really would.
But if gosh dang I don’t loose them every year. Just went to put the sleep clothes on and unload the pockets.
My Kershaw Leek is not clipped to my pocket. Crap, I know for a fact I swapped it to my jeans after I got done mowing the grass.
Grrrrrrrrr!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Why I buy inexpensive but good quality knives (I like CRKT). I did lose one recently, though I found it again after replacing it with a similar model. Even if you never lose it, it's too nerve-racking worrying about loss.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've carried a Kershaw Blur for years. Only lost one and that was after I sprung the clip. The clip tension seems to be tighter than some of the others.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. After losing several Spyderco knives, mostly to TSA because I forgot I had them in my pocket, I started carrying the ESEE Zancudo. Only about 30 bucks and I am pretty happy with how well it has held up.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I feel you. I've gone through 6 Kershaw Blackouts and 3 Leeks in 5 years. I believe part of that is sticky fingered coworkers, though.

Though, on the other hand I managed to misplace the fixed blade knife I bought to replace the last one. It's somewhere on my workbench; the problem is that it's buried in all the junk I have floating around on there.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped using the pocket clips after dropping my Kershaw too many times because of it.

I bought the right size torx (don't recall which, but it was small) took the clip off put it in my pocket and haven't dropped it since.

I found with the clip, when I'd sit my pants bunched up and pushed it out of my pocket and unclipped it from the pocket.

Other bonus was that I stopped having my jeans wear out where it was clipped.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kershaw Leek

Coincidentally, I recently bought one of those. (Not yours.)

I tend to lose things as well. It has been probably a year now since I've seen my Maui Jim shades.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Go to Kershawguy.com and get a blem Leek for about half price of a new one. That's all I carry for EDC and they work great, just had a spot in the finish or something like that.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I've gone back to carrying in my pocket as well, after losing a few or scratching things with the dang clip. My favorite is the Stockman design mine is made by GEC.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I carry a leak as they are super thin with no rough spots that rub my the side of my hand and and pinky raw. Plus they are only $40 on Amazon.
I have a CRKT I’ll carry till I loose it or get pissed at the rubbing raw on my hand.

————————————————

Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I thought it was because you just left them in your victims. Wrong person I suppose?

I actually found that for EDC, smith and wesson knives are really decent, and moderately priced. Now, I'm not using my everyday, so since I'm not sure how often you use yours, it may not hold up.
(I may also be getting a discount since I go to the local LEO outfit store for them.)

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
Go to Kershawguy.com and get a blem Leek for about half price of a new one. That's all I carry for EDC and they work great, just had a spot in the finish or something like that.

I've thought about ordering from him, but at $32 vs $40 from Amazon never did. Do you know how much shipping was? I had to put all of my shipping and payment info in before seeing shipping cost. Wanted to get that bright orange leek.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:

I've thought about ordering from him, but at $32 vs $40 from Amazon never did. Do you know how much shipping was? I had to put all of my shipping and payment info in before seeing shipping cost. Wanted to get that bright orange leek.

Free shipping. Bought a tiger stripe ZT350 and a Link from him about 2 weeks ago. The 350 is a grad gift for my nephew but he almost did not get it...

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Benchmade 940 I just retired on buying a ZT 0452CF and a Spyderco Endura.

But over the 20 years I carried it, I "lost" it innumerable times.

One time I was convinced it was gone for good and bought a BM 943, which I failed to remove from my dress pants before taking them to the cleaners never to be seen again-the knife, not the pants.

Back to the 940-each time I thought it was lost, either my wife or I would find it, usually clipped to a pair of jeans or shorts in the dirty clothes basket, sometimes on the truck or SUV floorboard and once lying on the pool deck (I guess knives like to get a little sun once in a while, too).

Check your dirty pants AND check the ones already run through the washer and dryer-found mine in the dryer on more than one occasion.

Hope it turns up.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I find my clip on AlMar hanging on the seatbelt once in a while. The pocket style makes a big difference, jeans are the worst, chino type never a problem.

I just let it drop in my pocket in jeans. Oddly enough the cheapest plastic clip on Gerber I've had for years has never come loose.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Found it!
Guess when I swapped clothes after mowing it slid under a book on my shelf.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
The battery on my motorcycle died. I took the seat off and found the Kershaw I lost two years ago. My wife was pulling weeds in the yard. She found the Spyderco I lost five years ago. My daughter came home and found a buck knife in the yard. We have no clue who lost it. I now am carrying a Kershaw with a really cheap finish I got off Amazon for 15 bucks delivered. I can't seem to lose it.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've looked for one with an attached strobe-light/siren that is activated when it drops 20 degrees below body temperature, but so far no luck. Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Found it!
Guess when I swapped clothes after mowing it slid under a book on my shelf.

Glad you found it. I was going to suggest looking on your seat belt. That's where I found one of mine a few years ago.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've found my dragonfly clipped to the seatbelt. I bet you couldn't if you tried, transfer your knife from your pocket to clipped on the seatbelt, AND not notice.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post