SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Please add to cart for price...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please add to cart for price... Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
I love PrimaryArms.com, but it’s so annoying...why can’t they just list the price?

Why do I need to add it to my cart for the price?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
While we're at it, how 'bout letting me see the shipping cost BEFORE I enter all my personal and payment information.

Some sites will show shipping cost as soon as a zip code is entered. They should all be like this.

My work-around is to enter phony name, address, etc. but with a real zip code, to see the shipping cost, then if I want to buy the product I need to go back and give them the real information. Royal Pain In The Ass.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Probably because they're selling it for below the minimum advertised price and don't want to run afoul of the vendor.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
While we're at it, how 'bout letting me see the shipping cost BEFORE I enter all my personal and payment information.

Some sites will show shipping cost as soon as a zip code is entered. They should all be like this.

My work-around is to enter phony name, address, etc. but with a real zip code, to see the shipping cost, then if I want to buy the product I need to go back and give them the real information. Royal Pain In The Ass.

Totally agree here, so freakin annoying. go through all the effort to only see they want $17 to ship a magazine or something similar.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's MAP pricing.

I just said, "price pricing".

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably because they're selling it for below the minimum advertised price and don't want to run afoul of the vendor.

That's exactly the reason. I'm seeing another version of this as well. You enter a phone number (for text) or an e-mail address. They will then send a code that opens up the pricing for you to see.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

So I’m not alone. I do the exact same thing.

And OP — I hear ya!

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

That's exactly the reason. I'm seeing another version of this as well. You enter a phone number (for text) or an e-mail address. They will then send a code that opens up the pricing for you to see.

Precisely so. It means you're getting it cheaper than they're allowed to advertise it. So think of it as a minor inconvenience for a better price. Or, you could pay someone else the higher price if it's less annoying to you.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I certainly don't mind "add to cart for price", as it is usually a significant discount. But as others have mentioned, not being able to get shipping estimates before entering the full checkout process is most annoying, and the reasons for it have already been explained. Unless I've had previous experience with the vendor and know their shipping costs are reasonable (McMaster Carr comes to mind), I look elsewhere for the item.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please add to cart for price...

Automatic no-go.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:

Bingo

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I refuse to go thru that crap. Either post your price where the article is listed, or forget it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I get why they sometimes have to do it. MAP pricing and all.

But what bugs me is that it's also a ploy to get you to add it to your cart so that it automatically triggers their "badger the customer into buying it" software.

Y'know, the one where when you add something to your cart, you're then bombarded by daily or hourly emails from them with titles like:

XYZ item is still waiting in your cart!
Don't forget about XYZ item!
Treat yourself to XYZ item!
You deserve XYZ item!
Act now! XYZ item is going fast!
Are you having trouble checking out with XYZ item?
Use this coupon code for 1% off XYZ item in your cart!
You added XYZ item to your cart, so here's eleventy other items you should buy too!

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

One place I've dealt with over the years for my weather station is Ambient Weather. They used to do the add to cart thing. Now you click a button and provide your email, and they send you a link to their discount page (which I bookmarked). I was very pleasantly surprised at the low price, especially compared to the same Davis item directly from Davis.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I refuse to add to cart to see the price. I back out of the site and find it elsewhere. And I'm confident I beat their price, even without seeing it.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post