SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    CCW putting holes in my shirts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCW putting holes in my shirts Login/Join 
posted
I have noticed a few t shirts have little holes in the 4 o clock position. Glock 43 in a Vedder light turn must be doing a number on them. The shirts look like they have been shot with BBs. I assume it must be the corner of the night sights. Everything else is plastic with smoother edges.

Anyone else have a set up that is eating your shirts?

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I always get holes in my shirts in that area. I don't believe it's because my shirts are touching anything sharp, it's because I'm always brushing up against things that cause friction between the gun and the shirt as they rub together.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I worked narcs I had that issue. Usually carried a full size and my t shirt would get pinched between the gun and the arm rest on my chair at the office. Never had it happen with a little gun though. I guess it is the price we pay.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Try draping a thin handkerchief over the top of the pistol so that it protects your skin or t-shirt and your cover garment. It doesn't add much bulk nor is it obvious. It should fall away with the draw. Be cognizant when re-holstering that the handkerchief isn't covering the holster opening.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. It's just a fact of life if you're going to carry IWB regularly. Expect to wear through your favorite shirts routinely.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Sig solved that issue with the snag free SAS 365 with its smooth sleek contours and nifty new sights. I could be misinformed. {Most likely}

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yup.

The cost of doing business.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Try draping a thin handkerchief over the top of the pistol so that it protects your skin or t-shirt and your cover garment. It doesn't add much bulk nor is it obvious. It should fall away with the draw. Be cognizant when re-holstering that the handkerchief isn't covering the holster opening.
Isn't it in the way of the draw?

No way I'd do this, not to save some holes in shirts.

It's also telling if you DON'T have holes - aka, you don't carry much. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's also telling if you DON'T have holes - aka, you don't carry much.

^^^^^^^
Better those holes than others. If you are undercover dont use dress down to look like riff raff?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I use iron-on Jean patches to reinforce wear spots like that on my uniform.

I’ve managed to avoid holes is regular clothes. Probably because I work 60+ hours a week and have no life.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just discovered the same thing. I carry AIWB and my T-shirts have these little, smaller than BB holes, just about in the middle of where the firearm is.

I have two holsters with the Fabriclip, which is for beltless carry and I noticed the screws holding the Fabriclip on the holster were a bit "sharp" and decided that was what was causing the holes.

Now I see this and think-Maybe not!

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check to see if the seat belt or console in your car isnt causing more wear. I carry at 3 o'clock and that pressure against the gun is what causes most of the wear for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I also have holes in some of my shirts in that area. I just think of it as the cost of CC.
Wife also uses iron on patches on mine.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Sharp rear sights like Trijicon HDs and similar will do that more often.

I've gone through several different sight setups to minimize jabbing my skin and poking holes in my shirts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nismo,

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very possible, Nismo, as I've got Trijicon HDs on all my guns (well, not the two new ones, yet).

I will look at the to see if they seem to be the culprit and, if so, if I can break the sharp areas so as to stop putting those darned little holes in my nice Ts.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I have the same issue with many of my shirts that I wear for work, though in my case, I keep my 365 in my left front pocket, ( and over time, will develop a wear spot in the pants just above the Trijicon HD rear sight, ) then my fifteen round magazine sits on my right hip.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Happens all the time to me too.
AIWB, if I carry anything that gets held in front of me...well you know!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Isn't it in the way of the draw?

No way I'd do this, not to save some holes in shirts.

It's also telling if you DON'T have holes - aka, you don't carry much. Wink

*I've carried a revolver or pistol concealed everyday since 1970 with no holes in my cover garments. My choice of night sights are MEPROLIGHT or TRU-GLOW, not TRIJICON.

*When I've used a handkerchief, it only covers the hammer/slide/sights, not the grip. It does not hamper drawing.

*It was a suggestion, not a mandate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you will buy a flapped holster Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I use iron-on Jean patches to reinforce wear spots like that on my uniform.

Fantastic idea!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post