SIGforum
Gasoline priced with 1/10¢ resolution

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6170014364

November 22, 2019, 06:54 PM
tatortodd
Gasoline priced with 1/10¢ resolution

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
November 22, 2019, 08:19 PM
Pipe Smoker
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Just when I thought y'all wouldn't come up with something I could actually care even less about than the last silly thing. Razz

Worse than the “Sneaker color poll”?

Serious about crackers
November 23, 2019, 09:23 AM
.38supersig
Anytime something doesn't make sense or appears really dumb, that means the government was involved.

Beaurocrats sure do love their taxes.

November 23, 2019, 11:24 AM
cparktd
SNIP:
“We have to go way back to when the oil companies were selling gas for, let’s say, 15 cents, and then the state and federal boards decided they wanted a piece of that to keep the roads going, so they added 3/10 of a cent. And the oil companies said, ‘Well, we’re not going to eat that,’ so they passed that on to the public.”

Link

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
November 23, 2019, 08:49 PM
mikeyspizza
What I want to know is why, when gas stations are across from on another, one doesn't lower their price an additional tenth of a cent from say $2.29.9 to $2.29.8 just to piss off the other guy. Razz
November 24, 2019, 07:50 AM
Blume9mm
I like that plan!

Not about the price, but a few years back we got stickers on the pumps here in S.C. with a state trooper on it saying if you drove off and did not pay for your gas you 'could' lose your driver's license. I was totally amazed, I thought if I drove off with out paying and got caught I would not need a license because I would be in jail.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"