SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SiriusXM - The experience and possible victory.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SiriusXM - The experience and possible victory. Login/Join 
posted
Ok... so I have been a Sat Radio customer since the days having to have a receiver added to your factory radio. Here in the Yoop, the radio stations suck and I don't always want to connect to my phone to jam. So, despite the ever increasing cost to subscribe, I have strung along with Sat Radio. And as others have posted here, their customer service (an oxymoron) gives new meaning to the word "sucks".
So... I buy a new Silverado and get 3 months of free SiriusXM. Great! And a month or so later, I get an offer in the mail for a 6 month deal at 2/3rds off the usual gouge. So I decide to call them to jump on the deal. It went like this:
Call. Connect. Wait on hold. Answer. An American tells me she must transfer me to sales to get the cheap deal. Transfer. Hold. Answer. And now I am in the wondrously magical land of INDIA! And the person I am on the line with cant speak English with enough clarity to be understood. Nope. I wont put up with that. Hang up. Call back. When the American answers, I asked to be connected with someone who speaks English. Transfer. And again with the unintelligible Indian version of English. Did this routine (I am a glutton for punishment) twice more. In frustration, I go to the SiriusXM website and in short order, using their chat service, get signed up for the deal. Yay! But then there is a survey at the end. I had a lot of fun with the survey! And today I get an actual call from SiriusXM and they want to make nice. But I miss the call. When I call back, straight from the caller ID, no one knows anything about calling me, a survey or India. Wait on hold. Then given a another number to call. At this number, they knew all about my troubles, told me I was a fine human being and a great customer. But the most important part of the conversation was:
They gave me a phone number to call that will be answered by.... Wait for it.... Someone in North America! Eureka! Comes the dawn! So for all my invisible friends on SF, here is the magic number:
866-267-7234
This was identified to me as being the "onshore" customer service number.
Will this connect you to wonderful, efficient and pleasant customer service? I have my doubts. But at least you will be getting crappy service from an American. Or Canadian. And I have no problem taking to India. Great country, no doubt. But if a company wants for base their call center there, at least hire people fluent in English!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I just called and got a very nice Gal in the Philippines. She shot me a good deal after some dicking around with offers and me refusing them.

Frankly I love XM. It's XM or listen to shit kicking, stupid ass cowboy music out here.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
My subscription ran out and was called by an actual American lady to renew last week. After several minutes of give-and-take we settled on $8.83/month. Maybe not the best deal but I was satisfied. Without satellite radio all you hear at night in my neighborhood is coyotes.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds very similar to my experience on Monday.

I was moving some IRA investments and got a woman who spoke perfect english, probably an American.
When I told her what I wanted to do, she transfers my call to someone, I just could not understand a word what she was saying.
So, frustrating. Thank God, I had my investment guy there to translate for me.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I like my XM, but I do grow weary of the constant dicking around. Subscribe for 6 months for $30, cancel play phone tag and negotiate for another 6 months for another $30, wash, rinse, repeat.

About ready to just dump it all together, not sure it’s worth the hassle

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I like my XM, but I do grow weary of the constant dicking around. Subscribe for 6 months for $30, ...

Which is exactly why I don't have it. They tried playing that game with me. Nope. Ain't gonna have it. Life's too short.

Here's what people submitting to playing these games has gotten us: Now my fracking trash collection company is playing it. Local company got bought by a national company. Sent out rate increase notices of 25%. Arranged for pickup with another company. Called the old one to cancel. "Well, we can give you your old rate." Uhm... no. If that's what you wanted, that's what you should have asked for. Homey don't play dat game. Sayonara!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I understand for those in the frozen tundra that this is an only/easy choice, but lord these folks make it hard not to hate them!

When trying to cancel one of our cars they made it so difficult I realized I never, ever wanted to deal with them and their BS and pivoted right over to cancelling 4 subscriptions in the same call for efficiency. Knew it would take 15 minutes and it did. But never again.

Genius actually have left one radio still active for 18 months now. There is precisely zero chance of me ever calling these dicks back and spending another 30 minutes trying to resolve that on their behalf!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I had someone’s Jeep randomly added to my account last year and when I tried to straighten that out they turned off my radio. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this thread. I’m going to buy a new car in the next month or two. I’m now reminded to reject the free SiriusXM offer (plague) this time. They are bastages that need to be put up against the wall.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't agree to any deal with them until they agree to paper billing. No "automatic debit" shit for me, that can't be canceled by anything less than a Miracle by the God of Bureaucracy.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I purchased a new car last September w/four months of free SXM. Signed up for the special. Renewal due in January. I don't want/need the full package as I don't listen to news, talk and sports or any other premium channel. I listen to no more than 10 of their basic stations. If they don't want to give me the basic package for what I paid last January, pound sand SXM, I don't need you. And good luck trying to run my credit card from last January w/o my permission...it's been replaced. Big Grin

I remember one forum member cancelling his SXM account but didn't get a cancellation confirmation number. They ran his card and renewed his subscription anyway. SXM wouldn't back off and the guy's credit card wouldn't back him, either. Mad

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leemur, your experience must have really been awful. But its funny, too.
Big Grin

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like my XM, but I do grow weary of the constant dicking around. Subscribe for 6 months for $30, cancel play phone tag and negotiate for another 6 months for another $30, wash, rinse, repeat.

+1!!!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They need some competition. It's a virtual monopoly. My 3 month deal on my new 2017 Subaru was apparently for the full service. When it expired, I was familiar with the negotiation process and so I got the price down to a livable level. I was never told, however, that my renewal was for less than full service. That's ok, I guess, as I wouldn't listen to Howard Stern at gunpoint. It did piss me off though, that when I left my Super Bowl at half time, I was unable to listen to the game. My research had told me it was on channel 81 but I learned I had no channel 81.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
When trying to cancel one of our cars they made it so difficult I realized I never, ever wanted to deal with them and their BS and pivoted right over to cancelling 4 subscriptions in the same call for efficiency. Knew it would take 15 minutes and it did. But never again.

I had much the same experience with them when we sold a vehicle with a built-in xm radio. They wouldn’t quit charging our card for it. They lost all our business and I had a new card issued.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:

I had much the same experience with them when we sold a vehicle with a built-in xm radio. They wouldn’t quit charging our card for it. They lost all our business and I had a new card issued.

ditto,

only I did not sell the car, it was totaled,,

guy wanted to know if I would re subscribe when I got the car back,,

dude, totaled means it is in the junkyard,,

oh, so sorry, how about when you buy a new car?

took 20 minutes to cancel,,,,

and I have been (still have it in the wifes car, and still have my original SkyFy add on, but it is not active)an XM user for 12-13 yrs,,

side bitch,, I miss XM, they are not as good as they were when Sirius took over

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here. I didn't listen very often, but it was nice to have available. But, I was only willing to renew for one year because I could not put up with the renewal hassle every six months.

To my surprise, the answer was "No". I could only renew for one year at full price. They would only give me a deal if it was for 6 months. So, I told them to forget it and cancelled.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Decent product with abysmal service. Their automatic renewals and gimmicky payment options ruin the experience. I finally had to cancel all my vehicles after one negotiation session that actually resulted in being lied to about the automatic renewal option. There is no option for not being charged automatically when your service expires.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post