SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hope Karma catches you "Brother" in tan...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hope Karma catches you "Brother" in tan... Login/Join 
Picture of jack32586
posted
As I headed toward Paradise on the morning of the 8th, the radio traffic sounded like Armageddon. I was trying to tell my father in law and sister in law how to get out because traffic was grid locked and starting to burn over cars on all the roads. I sent them up the mountain and didn't hear from them for hours. (wifes dad and sister, and her family). Wife calling me about any news, and to check on me. Dispatchers answering 911 and telling people- no one is coming, you need to run for your lives. Wifes friends evac the hospital and set up the ICU on the helipad as 100 foot flames burned hospital buildings and trees 360 around them. Over 30 of our deputies lost their homes. Of the 5 guys in my unit-2 lost their homes- 1 had just cancelled his renters insurance in anticipation of getting the keys to his newly purchased house in 5 days. He lost everything and no insurance-two babies and a young wife. He was evacing the hospital while everything he owned burned. We will make him whole. I have been at work since that morning except for 1 day they forced me to take off. My story isn't special- everyone has the same story. My house in Chico is fine. I have had 3 evacuated families living with us. Some OK and went home. Some don't have a home- so dogs, cats and kids yay!!!! Not really my problem- I'm working 14+ hours everyday. I'm in charge of the physical search and recovery of the unaccounted. It's all stressing my wife out badly.

And then I find out about my "brother" in tan. This shart of a human being managed to get most of his stuff out during the fire-several trailers full, classic car, horses and stuff. we all have take home patrol cars. He got his personal items out of the county ride, and then left it and the county guns to burn. No reason to take, he had no intention of coming to work to help evacuate the 52,000 people in the path of the fire. He went somewhere safe. We had many days of fire, an officer involved shooting, a mudslide and debris flow that caused flooding all over the county, and 30+ employees, homeless, working all day everyday. Except this asshat. His wealthy family, has set up a Gofundme page for him. It has almost $25,000 in it. He's standing in front of his burned house looking sad. He helped none but himself, and wants the world to give him gifts because he wears a uniform. Your a piece of shit "brother", I'd call you a cunt, but it's an insult to the word.

I do send a very heart felt shout out to all the mutual aid and everyone else that has made this better than it could have been. It's a debt we can never repay. First the dam, now the fire/flooding. Welcome to disaster county. There's an active geo-thermal area at the volcano I can see from my house. I'm sure the 9.5 earthquake that knocks the nuclear waste train into the river, will cause an eruption that will knock a 747 into the dam. But thats next week.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That is truly terrible. I am sure you are not the only person who has notices "Brother Asshat's" behavior.

It'll bite him.

Hang in there Jack.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What goes around comes around. It may take awhile, but it will happen. In the meantime keep doing what you are doing. It will take care of itself. Always does.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’d call his shit out by name and give “the rest of the story” to go fund me as a comment

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
So, he abandoned his duties for his own personal reasons and destroyed county property?

The sheriff knows this?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
As far as abandoning his duties, he wasn't at work when the fire started, it was his day off. He also didn't destroy anything, he just chose to save his own stuff, and let the county stuff go. What he abandoned was his co-workers, his community and maybe the possibility of saving one or more of the 85 and counting people that died in this fire.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I really can’t raise any emotion against the guy as it’s overwhelmed by the thoughts about the paradise devastation.

We leave close enough (Concord Area), to know lots of people with friends and relatives who were affected.

Thank you for what you did to help.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Were your in-laws OK, Jack? When I saw the gridlock coming down from the mountain, I wondered if it was a better idea to head north on Skyway, above the fire.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aw hell, so sorry for the shitty "brother".
Here is what I have found to be true. Buttnuggets like that do get their due, but usually it is not near soon enough to be truly satisfying. But rest assured, these cats do finally get their just desserts, sooner or later. I find satisfaction in that premise.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well Jack, you did the right thing and can live with that.

Thank you for being one of the good guys that are willing to sacrifice for others.

You have my fullest respect.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post