SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    four year old suspended for bring shell casing to school
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

four year old suspended for bring shell casing to school Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the elementary school kid who chewed his pop tart into something that resembled a gun. Seems to me he was suspended but not sure.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I say they tell them to go fuck themselves and let their normal little boy grow up to be a normal masculine man that likes guns and cars and motorcycles and shit like that, oh and he likes women too - instead of being some metro-femme boy.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Guy who ran the school called into the local radio station the other day.

Apparently people read the sensationalist headlines, form an instant opinion, and then go off the rails.

He said he was a shooter, and his own children shoot. The child was not suspended for bringing in the shell, it was a combination of that along with several other past issues.

Sensationalism sells across the board. It's the cheap menu, true fast food journalism.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Spent casings kill people duhhhhh everyone knows that.

Sure they do. Ask anybody in Washington DC, where illegal possession of any kind of an empty shell case is criminal.

tac

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When I was in Fifth Grade, my class put on a play as part of a program which would be viewed in the auditorium by the entire school and which called for a firearm as a prop. I suppose the school could have invested a 1.39 in a pop gun from the local toy store. Instead, a girl in the class brought her father's Remington 1100. The bolt hadn't been removed or the firearm disabled in any way, it appeared. The shotgun sat in a back corner of the classroom until the time of the play. Afterwards, the shotgun once again sat undisturbed in the back of the classroom.

At the end of the day, we walked out of school which faced a highway. Consequently, there was a crossing guard. As we all walked past the guard to cross, the girl carried the shotgun. When the crossing guard saw her, he feigned surprise and threw his hands up. "Whoah there, little lady!"
She was a bit past him when he saw her, so she swung around to point it at him and then continued in a 360 degree turn until she had swept every living thing within range with the muzzle of that scattergun. The guard laughed, she laughed, the teachers who were there laughed, and all the kids around laughed.

It didn't make the news, SWAT was not called, no lockdown of the school took place and there were no parent/teacher conferences or sessions with therapists for the kids.

Posts: 107592 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I was in Fifth Grade, my class put on a play as part of a program which would be viewed in the auditorium by the entire school and which called for a firearm as a prop. I suppose the school could have invested a 1.39 in a pop gun from the local toy store. Instead, a girl in the class brought her father's Remington 1100. The bolt hadn't been removed or the firearm disabled in any way, it appeared. The shotgun sat in a back corner of the classroom until the time of the play. Afterwards, the shotgun once again sat undisturbed in the back of the classroom.

At the end of the day, we walked out of school which faced a highway. Consequently, there was a crossing guard. As we all walked past the guard to cross, the girl carried the shotgun. When the crossing guard saw her, he feigned surprise and threw his hands up. "Whoah there, little lady!"
She was a bit past him when he saw her, so she swung around to point it at him and then continued in a 360 degree turn until she had swept every living thing within range with the muzzle of that scattergun. The guard laughed, she laughed, the teachers who were there laughed, and all the kids around laughed.

It didn't make the news, SWAT was not called, no lockdown of the school took place and there were no parent/teacher conferences or sessions with therapists for the kids.

Similar experience in Junior High. Pretty much all our Dads served in World War II, and were proud to display the artillery shell casings, rifles, rising sun flags, and samurai swords. I remember reading that at the end of World War II there were more German Lugers and samurai swords in the United States than in Germany or Japan. I still have my father's German Luger.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Reminds me of the elementary school kid who chewed his pop tart into something that resembled a gun. Seems to me he was suspended but not sure.

When we recently toured the nearby public school for Kindergarten, I asked the principal if our son doing this will be a problem as he fashions every toy he sees into a gun without ever seeing any of mine or seeing any gun related shows. Luckily, it seemed like such a thing would not be a problem.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
There just seems to be a lapse of common sense these days in the school system. We had a shop teacher, in the 90s, that would come outside to the parking lot to check out new rifles/shotguns that my classmates had in the gun rack in the back of their pickup window. No big deal. That seemed very normal to me. Now, in the same school, a kid would get into trouble for bringing in an obvious squirt gun. I really hate to see how a good portion of people view guns these days.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
http://fox2now.com/2017/03/23/...-than-bullet-casing/

What is not quote in the print of the article, but is stated during the video when the letter from the preschool is shown:

1:14

quote:
A letter from the school says Hunter and his parents have been repeatedly told about Hunter using toys as make believe guns in violation of school policy.

Now up to this point, I'm still on Hunter's side. This is clearly something normal that boys will do, even if it is "against policies" most of these schools have.

But then.....

quote:
Jarmon (owner of school) now says (well he is only being interviewed now due to the one side of the story spreading like wildfire) Other parents complained about graphic details in those make believe incidents, and those incidents more than the shell casing led to the suspension.

They are also kind enough to show the letter sent home with Mom. The letter itself references this past troubling behavior, and mentions that parents have had "informal conferences" with BOTH PARENTS in the past as a result of the behavior. I guess mom forgot to mention that part of the letter she was given in her initial rant.

I have a boy in kindergarten. He likes guns and on occasion incorporates pretend guns into his play. Many of the boys in his class liked to play "zombies" at recess (think Walking Dead), and the school applied a little bit of brake to get them interested in a different game.

Luckily I'm in a rural area, and the school doesn't entirely flip out over guns. But what they were doing was inappropriate in that setting, they were asked to follow directions, and they did.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post