SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    four year old suspended for bring shell casing to school
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

four year old suspended for bring shell casing to school Login/Join 
posted
This is incredible. Teacher does not know the difference between a 22lr casing and a shotgun shell. I would find another school to teach my kid if they are this stupid. I guess basic knowledge is not required to teach preschool.

http://wgntv.com/2017/03/23/4-...s-viral-on-facebook/

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The ignorance is stunning. Oh My God!! He also had imaginary guns! No!!!

Liberal idiots on full display.

That mom should go in there and call 911 and demand a swat team and the arrest of the teacher if she had scissors in the class room. It's a weapon! Oh my God! Think of the children!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Let me guess - the kid's white.

Had this been little achmed bin muhammed, he could have gone around with a machete threatening to saw off heads, and the school administrators would have 'exercised tolerance towards his cultural belief systems, as who are they to judge.' . .

If they know what's good for them, the parents should yank that kid out of that lunatic asylum. When called out on their stupidity, liberals don't see reason and come to a rational understanding - they double down and go full retard. The next incident will provoke a full-scale SWAT response (you know, for the kid chewing a Pop Tart into a gun shape or something equally heinous Roll Eyes ).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
From the FB Post:
quote:
See, here's the thing. This was a teaching moment

Yeah it is, better start early to combat the liberal indoctrination the kid is doomed to get. Frown

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I can remember giving a required history presentation to my 6th grade class on the Korean war. I had a deactivated pineapple grenade that I passed around. It was a big hit. Never was told I couldn't do that, never sent home, parents never called. Today, holly cow...can you imagine what would happen! How times have changed.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It seemed like a good idea...
Picture of lude4life
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
I can remember giving a required history presentation to my 6th grade class on the Korean war. I had a deactivated pineapple grenade that I passed around. It was a big hit. Never was told I couldn't do that, never sent home, parents never called. Today, holly cow...can you imagine what would happen! How times have changed.

Hell, in my middle school.... We RELOADED shotgun shells in class! Live, ready to use. Hunters Ed was an elective in 7th grade. Taught us how to reload.

Brought our rifles into school... reloaded up a bunch of shells and field trip to the range to shoot clays.

Brought our 22 rifles in another time and took those to the range for another field trip.

Think that was about 1997 or 1998 time frame. Small cow farm town. Miss THOSE days.

-Jay

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware." -Alan Korwin

Posts: 2810 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Guy who ran the school called into the local radio station the other day.

Apparently people read the sensationalist headlines, form an instant opinion, and then go off the rails.

He said he was a shooter, and his own children shoot. The child was not suspended for bringing in the shell, it was a combination of that along with several other past issues.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable! !!

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in my day- In 4th grade I took one of those full sized fake german lugers to school for show and tell. I showed the class how to field strip it. I didn't tell the teacher I was bringing it and there wasn't any problems.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

In the 7th grade, we had an assignment where two of us would get up in front of the class, behind a curtain, and narrate a story. I can't remember what our story was, but it involved the sound effect of gunshots. So, I brought in a few primers and a hammer. It was a big hit. We got an "A" on our presentation. Big Grin

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Wow. In 10th grade (1990) we did a play on To Kill A Mockingbird. My teacher brought in a shotgun for me to use. No ammo but a fully functional shotgun. And this was Cleveland Public Schools.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lude4life:
quote:

Hell, in my middle school.... We RELOADED shotgun shells in class! Live, ready to use. Hunters Ed was an elective in 7th grade. Taught us how to reload.

Brought our rifles into school... reloaded up a bunch of shells and field trip to the range to shoot clays.

Brought our 22 rifles in another time and took those to the range for another field trip.

Think that was about 1997 or 1998 time frame. Small cow farm town. Miss THOSE days.

Hunter's Ed in a small SE TX town in 1997 (6th Grade) if you passed, you go to go do some target shooting behind the school.
Air rifles, IIRC, but still can't imagine that flying now.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Got permission from my teacher to bring in a BB gun pistol for a presentation in college around 1998. One of my classmates complained to the Dean. I got put on double secret probation, even though I had permission.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"Shotgun bullet"=empty .22 case.

Got ourselves a munitions expert here.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a kid around here get in trouble for taking "weapons" to school.

Everyone had to dress up like a famous person and do a presentation. This kid did Dave Thomas (Wendy's). School said the spatulas he had were sharp and could hurt someone.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
omg back in the day 70s we didn't have paint guns we used to have BB gun fights everyone lived. no eyes shot out but i think we all have a BB logged in us somewhere me its the leg Roll Eyes

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spent casings kill people duhhhhh everyone knows that.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eddie Eagle needs to visit that school

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If an adult is scared of something that a reasonable 10 year old is not, I vote that said adult should be pulled in for a psych eval and an examination of competencies. And put all of these zero tolerance regulations to the test. We've frickin lost our minds.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I would have looked those rotten fucks right in the eye and told them to eat a bag of dicks, my kid would never be back, and if they wanted their tuition they could contact my lawyer.

Bunch of fucking retards.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post