SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No turn on red
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No turn on red Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We have 3 roundabouts in Wickenburg, with more coming. The first two (downtown) are a disaster. Too small of a diameter, banked too much to the outside, and traffic entering the circle comes up to it at a 90 degree angle, straight in. The one out of town on US 93 was designed much better. Approaching it, you are forced to bear to the left, then back around again to the right via an 'S' curve, so you approach and enter the circle at a gentle tangent.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't mind people sitting at lights with No Turn on Red signs but I despise the morons that sit at red lights where you can legally make a right turn on red. What really grinds my gears is when 3 or 4 cars make a legal right turn on red and then a moron pulls up and instead of turning stops and waits for the light to turn green :-(

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t mind legitimate no right hand turn on red signs because of blind corner in intersection or some other reason.... it’s frustrating when it’s a perfectly clear intersection and you can see for a mile in every direction and there’s a no right turn on red sign...

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Yep they installed several of these signs in my town as well. Several intersections you used to be able to make it through. Now there are massive backups, like 30-40 cars deep, and the green light only allows about 8 cars through. Its a clusterfuck, but definitely aimed at the lowest denominator. The DOT looks at crash statistics and just says too many crashes, bam, put up a sign that says no turn on red.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
Picture of MaThGr82
posted Hide Post
Just run the red light

Posts: 6302 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MaThGr82:
Just run the red light
You mean like the woman in the Mercedes, who slammed into my truck?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7110048544

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
it’s frustrating when it’s a perfectly clear intersection and you can see for a mile in every direction and there’s a no right turn on red sign...

I always though the law in most states, like AZ, is in the absence of a "no turn on red sign", a right turn on red is permitted by default.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post