SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If the zombie apocalypse happens...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If the zombie apocalypse happens... Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
I'm coming over to your house.

Fuck you, buy your own shit.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Especially when they're the dipshits that ask why you have so many guns, or (sorry to shoehorn some politics in here, but it's happened to me) demand more gun control and vote for people and initiatives to further it, but still think I'll welcome them with arms wide open, and maybe give them a piece of their own.

No, fuck you. There's two kinds of people in this world; those with loaded guns, and those that dig. You dig.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some time back, I was dating a chick who said:
"If anything serious happens, I will come over to your place".
My response: "Great, as long as you show up with 100 gallons of gas, a years supply of MREs and 5K of 5.56 ammo"!
She dumped me. Who could have seen that coming?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
SMH.

I had a conversation that basically can be summarized as:

Her: "I don't trust Trump."

Me: "Do you trust the government in general?"

Her: "No."

Me: "So maybe you should buy a gun." [I said this knowing that she is a "no one should have guns" type.]

Her: "No, we need more gun control. Besides, I have friends who have guns."

No, I didn't ask her how her friends would have guns to give to her if she succeeded in implementing gun control. I also didn't bother pointing out that if she succeeded in implementing gun control, the only entity with guns would be the government who she said she didn't trust. I think it was Sigmonkey's quote "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

There are so many reasons why any gun owner should never loan their guns to anyone else, especially in an emergency. Legality, lack of training, lack of fire discipline, lack of gratitude, and civil liability are only the beginning.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Got that the other day. I replied back, "good luck getting past the perimeter. If you have supplies I can use, maybe you'll get through".

Had another one ask me to sell them rifle ammo for what I paid two years ago. I just laughed and said I have no ammo for sale. Not my fault you didn't buy when prices were low.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
When my coworkers told me that, I said, “Great! I have plenty of room in my freezer.”

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I usually say “That’s fine but I won’t be there.”

My plan is to head to my dads who lives on a very large plot of land far from people and probably has more guns and ammo than I do.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Them: If Armageddon comes, I'm headed to your place.

Me: Great! I invite everyone then plan to weed out all the ones I secretly don't like once they get there, and add their stuff to my stockpile.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If the zombie apocalypse happens...

"I'm coming over to your house."

They better have an invite, or a toe tag.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My dickhead ex neighbor said that once. I told him if it comes to that, I’m cooking and eating him first before he gets a chance to skinny up. That’s the last time he mentioned my supplies.

If you knew him you’d understand. He’s the kind of person that expects you to loan him every tool you own or blow the snow off of his driveway, but won’t mow one inch over the line if you are out of town.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
My response: "Great, as long as you show up with 100 gallons of gas, a years supply of MREs and 5K of 5.56 ammo"!

That would not have been the requirements at my place, the world will need repopulating. And sandwiches. And other "things."

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

As good a way as any to weed 'em out.

My wife, who is a TV news addict, asked me the other day "You DO have plenty of ammo, don't you?"

Um...duh...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
My wife, who is a TV news addict, asked me the other day "You DO have plenty of ammo, don't you?"

Um...duh...

Are you sure that's the correct answer?

I think you may have missed an opportunity there.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
If you have enough ammo, she wouldn’t need to ask. There comes a point where you can no longer keep it concealed.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you are coming over, you better have (1) a valuable skill or (2) stuff to contribute. Both preferred because sooner or later your stuff is going to run out.

It's gonna be one of those TANSTAFL situations - everyone is going to have to earn their keep in some regard.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’ve told them they’d be shot onsite as soon as they stepped on my property. Take care of your own shit. Idiots. I’m getting calls “ammo is either expensive or I can’t find it” I just remain silent on the line. Then they ask if I’m buying any and I say no, haven’t bought ammo in years, stocked up many years ago. “Can I buy some of yours”? Fuck no. I don’t spend my hard earned money prepping for friends who may need x or y in the future.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
The main reason my conversations of late are laced with comments complaining about the scarcity of TP, ammo, meat, etc..
But no mention that these shortages do not affect me nearly as much as most folks.
Hell, lots of folks that I grew up with don’t even know my legal name.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Yep, I stocked up on ammo after the last ammo shortage. I'm not going to get caught short again.
During the COVID shutdown --I honed my gunsmithing skills. Started buying those tools that make the job so much easier.
Every thing is "tweaked" just the way I want it. Trigger, mag release, etc.
Just waiting for my next suppressors to come along......

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone wants to make fun of you as a prepper until they heard of that new Chinese WuFlu virus (last Feb) and realized THEY didn't have any masks whereas YOU (I in this case) had a full case of over 200 Kimberly Clarke N95 Fluidshields. (kept one N95 and distributed the rest out, I believe I'd survive it so wasnt't too worried over it)

Shit got real for most of them, especially as it was followed by the civil unrest/riots. Now the rest of the stuff bought cheap, stocked deep (weapons, food, rolls of thick visqueen, duct tape, NBC Masked with recently replaced filters....even toilet paper etc etc) seems much more important and acceptable to them. My wife was even a tad disturbed that we don't have weapons stocked at the 2nd home. I just smiled and nodded my head in agreement- there's a 12 ga. hidden up on one of the shelfs and it's been there for over 6 years. Strange that she never realized that a full ammo can of 12 gauge shells would never just sit there on the floor for no reason. I don't want a bunch of weapons left at a place where there is minimal security for them.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just repeat the old bumper sticker, "Gas, grass or ass, nobody rides for free."

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post