SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    To the driver of the Honda CRV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To the driver of the Honda CRV Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
To the driver of the Honda CRV with the car top carrier on Hatcher Pass yesterday,

FUCK YOU!

If you’re too scared to drive the road, stay at home on the couch and watch Alaskan Bush People, Life Below Zero, Deadliest Catch, Flying Wild Alaska, Alaska State Troopers, Ice Road Truckers, The Alaska Experiment, Alaska: The Last Frontier, Wild West Alaska or even Sarah Palin’s Alaska and stay the hell off the road!

Yes, I get it, Hatcher Pass is a narrow, steep, dirt/gravel road with switchbacks and limited traction. That’s still no excuse to ride your brakes at 5mph. Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket we were passed by a mountain biker. Yes, I’m sure your little shit box Honda even with the car top carrier has more power and stability than a mountain bike. Here’s a clue, those little numbers below D on your gear shift selector, you can select those as well that’s why they’re there, they can provide engine braking so you don’t have to ride your brakes all the way down the hill.

I drove Hatcher Pass twice yesterday and the only other cars that I saw were you and the 4 vehicles backed up behind me. Here’s another clue, those pull outs on the side of the road, you can pull out in those, I know your father didn’t so it’s a foreign concept to you. But if you do, people that actually know how to drive a mountain road can get on with their lives and not be tempted to get in touch with their inner Dale Earnhardt to spin you as we pass.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Most excellent rant.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ran into their cousins on the Blue Ridge one year, obviously scared of where they were, and riding the brakes hard, I'm guessing 4 new rotors and all pads by the time he hit the valley.

Never once would pull over to the pull out to let us by, there were 8 motorcycles behind him, maybe he thought we were the hells angels or something , what a marrooon, what an imbicilly

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here’s another clue, those pull outs on the side of the road, you can pull out in those, I know your father didn’t so it’s a foreign concept to you.

I would have given the overall rant 4 stars but this ^^^ line put it over the top!

5 stars and two thumbs up!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not sure whether to give him/her credit for bravery or chalk it up to stupidity for taking a Honda CR-V on that kind of road. They are (usually) 4WD or AWD, but they have street tires and too many low-hanging suspension parts to make me feel comfortable with it.

Posts: 27944 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
It wasn't the vehicle it was the driver. Hatcher Pass has got steep grades, switchbacks, it's narrow and it's dirt/gravel, but it's not a 4 wheel drive/jeep trail. My F-150 with the craptastic OEM all season tires on it did just fine in 2H. There were Subarus on the road that were just fine as well. This was just stupidity and fear.

This was coming down off the summit of the pass, they had to drive up the other side to get to it. I dunno', if the road scared him that much, why didn't he just turn around before driving up it?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
PHPaul - Said like a true Mainer! Congrats!!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I've seen the same behavior on the Going to the Sun highway in Glacier National Park. Sure it's a long way down but really....... Lead, Follow or get the F out of the way. (Thanks, Lee).

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I've seen the same behavior on the Going to the Sun highway in Glacier National Park. Sure it's a long way down but really....... Lead, Follow or get the F out of the way. (Thanks, Lee).

Then there are the drivers of RVs that ignore all the signs and try to drive the road. Last time through the imbicilly (like that word!)was being made to back up to a turn off. What a mess.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Around here it's the Subaru drivers that are like that. Frown

Just recently I was stuck behind a WRX...A WRX SUBARU going like 20 mph under the speed limit, slow-poking along like he was terrified to be on the road. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33793 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Don't ya have pusher bars on your front bumper? Maybe he just need some... help.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post