SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Another friend dies young
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another friend dies young Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
It’s true e that the good die young and assholes live forever. “Natural causes” at 45 with no signs or conditions until lights out. Thank God it was quick but Lord please ease off my friends for a while.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences. Being near that age myself it shocks me.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. I lost one of my best friends last Sunday. He had GI bleeding and due to no insurance or refusing to sign accepting financial responsibility, a hospital sent him home. He passed a few hours later. Luckily our last visit was acceptable as a good bye.

He was a wild one and never thought he would live past 30. I pressed him to get a checkup and almost got him to get a blood test. He scolded me for pushing it, saying he had already lived much more than he assumed he would. I backed off after that.

An example of his extravagance of tossing his 9 lives was when driving his van with a sliding door. He'd get up from the driver's seat going 50 MPH and head to the side door to take a leak without any warning. He'd assume I would take over driving.

He had his dark side and it almost made him impossible to be around. In reality he had the biggest heart possible. So lucky I got to see his kind and sweet side. He was a mommas boy and he got it from her. He was never the same after she passed.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Very sorry Leemur, it's difficult especially when so unexpected. I'm at my mid 60's now and have lost all my closest friends, though only a handful being my closest, it's still very sad. I'd like to think these days they're in a much better place if they were suffering, especially the ones who had cancer.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same mindset.
The good ones seem to keep dying and the azzholes keep on breathing ....

Sry for your loss of a friend.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Leemur. It's never easy.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry about your friend. 45 is way too young.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss! I know you will miss him, but rest assured you will see him again. In a far better place.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post