SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    brownells
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

brownells Login/Join 
posted
for a week my instock order has been on hold, because they can not seem to find my ffl'ffl paperwork.

He sent it sunday via fax, monday fax and email, wednesday he spoke with them on the phone and faxed and emailed, yesterday I watched him email it.

yet the damn order is still on hold....

everytime i have used brownells it takes 3 weeks to get some part of the order.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Are the products they offer so great that you cannot find them elsewhere?

Are the possible savings worth all the BS they seem to distribute?

Not being critical here.

I have little patience for shitty service and do not recall ever going back to someplace that has given me shitty service.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They have screwed me a few times. Yes I keep going back, like a domestic violence victim.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The draw of Brownells is their ease of return / refund. Their 'forever warranty' is great.

But sometimes they move at the speed of molasses, currently experiencing it with an optics purchase.

Been on hold for a day now. <tapping foot>

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Yes, Brownells has some very nice people working in their customer service department but it can be a very laborious process to get things resolved. They absolutely back up their products but it takes some patience and persistence.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine got double billed and they refuse to correct it. Seems he sent something back and they say they didn't receive it even though the delivery was completed.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ffl was sent monday via email, wednesday when he called them for me he sent it fax and email, i watched him send it thursday via email, he emailed it to me and i sent it on friday. They still claim not to have it.

If it is not fixed by monday end of day i think i will cancel and find another vendor. This is beyond idiotic.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Use an FFL who is already in their system and accepts transfers without needing to be notified first. Shipments to me take 2 days from the time they ship. My customers usually make the transfer same day the gun is received.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he is in their system, and has been. They notified me that they could not find his ffl. so he sent it monday. they called him about the ffl wenesday, he resent it, I called them on thursday and watched him resend it. I followed up our email chain friday and found out they magically did not have it. So I sent it from my email. Magically, no response after that.

posted Hide Post
My order is now in processing... At least it is moving forward. Sigh.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Man, are you in some kind of a rush?

Fucks sake.

If you needed it NOW, you should have already bought 2.

It's a good thing it's 2019, a decade ago you'd have to be patient.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fair enough.

The point though is that they shipped everything else in the order. The bell & carlson stock, lilja barrel, kidd trigger pack. All came from seperate vendors long be fore thia order from brownells. Hell the second order from brownells i placed berore i knew of the shitt stick with this order is on its way to my ffl.

So why this order?

If it is really his ffl, why did the 2nd order have 0 issues

If they are in stock why not ship them

If you are swamped from Shot shot just fuckin say so, dont feed the customer a line of BUllshit and then pretend not to have seen it.

posted Hide Post
Never had a problem with Brownells...

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8755 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:

+1

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:

Same for me, though I've never had an gun shipped to an FFL. I've bought LOTS of stuff via mail order and occasionally visit the store at Exit 182 on I-80.

I've done one return (AR 22 conversion kit) and got the refund real fast.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Fair enough.

The point though is that they shipped everything else in the order. The bell & carlson stock, lilja barrel, kidd trigger pack. All came from seperate vendors long be fore thia order from brownells. Hell the second order from brownells i placed berore i knew of the shitt stick with this order is on its way to my ffl.

So why this order?

If it is really his ffl, why did the 2nd order have 0 issues

If they are in stock why not ship them

If you are swamped from Shot shot just fuckin say so, dont feed the customer a line of BUllshit and then pretend not to have seen it.

Their inventory is probably off, and they didn't have what you ordered in stock, so they stalled you while they waited for it to come from the vendor.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post