SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being stupid can be a real drag.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being stupid can be a real drag. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I just spent the better part of an hour figuring out how to wire a motor reversing switch.

Once I realized the "L" terminals were for "Load" not "Line" things began to come into focus...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had a nickle for every time that I was told that I am not wired right. . . . . . .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay. I'm not bright. What then is the line labelled?

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on the task. We all have different skills and abilities. It is what makes us human.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronsht:
Okay. I'm not bright. What then is the line labelled?

One set of contacts is labeled "L" and the other is "T". Who knows what the manufacturer had in mind?

I had to sit down with a meter and make out a Truth Table. I about lost my mind trying to make it work using the L terminals as the line side. Just needed two terminals straight through in both positions and two terminals that swapped between Forward and Reverse.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
If I had a nickle for every time that I was told that I am not wired right. . . . . . .

Hah! I told an old feller once that when my wife hit 40 I was gonna trade her in on two 20's.

He said "Boy, you ain't wired for 220!"

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well, think positive, at least you're able to do it with all the fingers and toes you started out the month with. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Well, think positive, at least you're able to do it with all the fingers and toes you started out the month with. Wink

True. All 12 of them...

Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I can see the confusion. Last time I saw line and load was on a GFCI.

The L and T (line and terminal (load) ) are the norm from what I've seen in control wiring.

Example

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post