SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    English is tough. Try a little harder!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

English is tough. Try a little harder! Login/Join 
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted
I have been told English is a tough language to learn. However, if you are going to sell your product here, at least try.

I’ll go first with this handheld shower head holder for my elderly in-law that arrived today:

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Space Aluminum. Very nice.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Engrish is the best, don't you dare take that away from me, regulating instructions and shit.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
"The new shower community rookie"

WTF Too funny

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
All your bathe are belong to us.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
"The new shower community rookie"

WTF Too funny

Don't make fun man, some of us are still trying to figure out theses newfangled contraptions. Any clue what the 'H' and 'C' means on the knobs?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
As best as I can remember it, the owner's manual for my Suzuki motorcycle in the early 1980s had this to say about the main fuse: "The fuse is behind the left side cover. If the fuse blows there is a fuse, a 15-amp fuse." I remember shit like that from over 30 years ago, but not where I put something a moment ago. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
They probably used Google translate.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
They probably used Google translate.

That was my first guess, it looks like a text run through a translation program

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
ROR

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instructor at the union school I attended used to go nuts over an electrical schematic of a Toshiba (York branded) variable frequency drive.

He was triggered by the fuse labeled FU2......problem was its the only fuse in that particular system. "These aholes are making fun of us Americans!!!"

Priceless.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1934 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
As best as I can remember it, the owner's manual for my Suzuki motorcycle in the early 1980s had this to say about the main fuse: "The fuse is behind the left side cover. If the fuse blows there is a fuse, a 15-amp fuse." I remember shit like that from over 30 years ago, but not where I put something a moment ago. Roll Eyes

My new 1966 Honda CB450 instruction book advised me to start out in Row gear.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I once built a plastic model kit of a ‘Chance Vote Corsatr’. It made mention of fuselarge halves.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post