SIGforum
English is tough. Try a little harder!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6080003954

July 25, 2019, 07:23 PM
MtnPlinker
English is tough. Try a little harder!
I have been told English is a tough language to learn. However, if you are going to sell your product here, at least try.

I’ll go first with this handheld shower head holder for my elderly in-law that arrived today:

July 25, 2019, 08:30 PM
YooperSigs
Space Aluminum. Very nice.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
July 25, 2019, 08:33 PM
airsoft guy
Engrish is the best, don't you dare take that away from me, regulating instructions and shit.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
July 25, 2019, 09:07 PM
sandman76
"The new shower community rookie"

WTF Too funny

July 25, 2019, 10:33 PM
Ripley
All your bathe are belong to us.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
July 26, 2019, 05:02 AM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
"The new shower community rookie"

WTF Too funny

Don't make fun man, some of us are still trying to figure out theses newfangled contraptions. Any clue what the 'H' and 'C' means on the knobs?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
July 26, 2019, 05:37 AM
egregore
As best as I can remember it, the owner's manual for my Suzuki motorcycle in the early 1980s had this to say about the main fuse: "The fuse is behind the left side cover. If the fuse blows there is a fuse, a 15-amp fuse." I remember shit like that from over 30 years ago, but not where I put something a moment ago. Roll Eyes
July 26, 2019, 08:35 AM
sigcrazy7
They probably used Google translate.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus
July 26, 2019, 11:30 AM
Kevmo
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
They probably used Google translate.

That was my first guess, it looks like a text run through a translation program
July 26, 2019, 12:37 PM
kz1000
ROR

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
July 26, 2019, 03:06 PM
soflaac
Instructor at the union school I attended used to go nuts over an electrical schematic of a Toshiba (York branded) variable frequency drive.

He was triggered by the fuse labeled FU2......problem was its the only fuse in that particular system. "These aholes are making fun of us Americans!!!"

Priceless.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave
July 29, 2019, 05:17 PM
GWbiker
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
As best as I can remember it, the owner's manual for my Suzuki motorcycle in the early 1980s had this to say about the main fuse: "The fuse is behind the left side cover. If the fuse blows there is a fuse, a 15-amp fuse." I remember shit like that from over 30 years ago, but not where I put something a moment ago. Roll Eyes

My new 1966 Honda CB450 instruction book advised me to start out in Row gear.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
July 29, 2019, 05:24 PM
clubleaf206
I once built a plastic model kit of a ‘Chance Vote Corsatr’. It made mention of fuselarge halves.