SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Forum members that just don't listen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forum members that just don't listen Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
I have been an admin on a Ducati owners forum since 2004.
There are two of us that started the place back then.

I had a member today hawk his own Vlog and youtube channel.
That's a forum no-no.
So I nicely deleted it and said it was not "motorcycle related".

The idiot started another thread called Deleted due to not being Motorcycle Related..

And inside said this-
I don't want to be a whiney bit$h, but that's a pretty silly excuse to delete a motorcycle video...being "not motorcycle related", and being in the Chit Chat section...

Let's try that again and hopefully find a moderator with more common sense...

*face palm*

My response:

In case you didn't notice, I am not a moderator, I am one of the lovely admins.
Actually I am the asshole admin here.
You are now in deep crap buddy.
Hock your youtube channel elsewhere.

I was trying to be nice by just saying "not motorcycle related" that really we don't condone pushing youtube channels and Vlogs.

But you see, I have this thing called a ban hammer.
Leave it or find out.
30 day moderated status.

Jeez, I try to be nice....

Much like Para, I run a tight ship and we have survived a lot since 2003.
But there are days....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
What did the OP say/write???

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
now I've heard everything, who'd have thought there was a web board for people with ducks...

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
now I've heard everything, who'd have thought there was a web board for people with ducks...

http://poultrykeeperforum.com

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
This younger generation all think they are going to be a famous You-boob channel, instacrap influencer, etc. What’s your job son? “Social media”. It’s pathetic. Just get on the internet and blab about your whole life and tie to your actual self and remove any privacy you have. Sounds like a plan bud.

Interesting your forum is active. The R1 forum has been dead for years, all of the traffic went to Fakebook.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
LOL

I’m a longtime Mod on a Military forum and am often shocked at the depth some go to “not know”.

We are adding additional detail to a request form that would not be needed if members would just read the FAQ section prior to submitting their request...sadly I’ve learned not to give most people enough credit to think they might bother to educate themselves “before” attempting to modify or change something.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

http://poultrykeeperforum.com

Well quack my ass and call me daffy....

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm glad there are no forum members like that here.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Big Grin

They are quickly jerked back to the “real world” one way or another Big Grin...thank you Para and the Moderators Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the moderator thing many years ago on a cell phone forum. I don't know that I would ever do it again. You're an asshole if you keep it clean and you're incompetent if you don't. Lots of petty complaints and fights. We had a portion of the membership attempt to "unionize" after a moderator changed a user's post into something embarrassing (an all caps message that said something like "LOOK AT ME! I CAN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND STOP OFFENDING OTHER MEMBERS!") after, imagine this, the guy kept going out of his way to be a jerk.

It was an interesting thing to be a part of, though.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
having been put on "double secret probation" more than once on a forum (including this one) I can see both sides of it...

just to tell a story... first time was on another gun forum where a guy was trying to figure out how to get his recently deceased fathers gun collection from California to Arizona.... after a few pages of folks 'internet lawyering' I posted what I thought he should do...one day road trip... BAM!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Calguns.net has a good policy. If you go to the legal discussions forum, they tell you “If you think you have a legal problem, DO NOT TELL US, here’s a list of lawyers who deal with gun issues.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
This younger generation all think they are going to be a famous You-boob channel, instacrap influencer, etc. What’s your job son? “Social media”. It’s pathetic. Just get on the internet and blab about your whole life and tie to your actual self and remove any privacy you have. Sounds like a plan bud.

Interesting your forum is active. The R1 forum has been dead for years, all of the traffic went to Fakebook.

Nothing to sniff at. There’s this guy just turned 30. Started a YouTube channel 3 years ago in conjunction with him being a real estate agent since 2008 straight from high school. He increased his net worth via his real estate investments but now he makes 80% of his income from YouTube to the tune of at least $250,000 a month.

He interviewed a girl on Twitch, a platform where you stream yourself playing games and people can donate. Between donations, brand sponsorships, and product reviews/endorsements, she has to hire 12 people to manage her enterprise.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
For everyone of them there is 10k, or 100k that don’t go anywhere. And I was in the music business. People change what they watch or listen to like the wind blows. Make bank one year, DOA the next. Call me old school, I believe in education, and a real career. You boob could change their policies, or their monetization (they’ve done this many times) and you are done.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post